Hopi ear candles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne241104

Reaction score
I would like advice on what are the best Hopi ear candles to use. X

Biosun. They are ce marked and come in a variety of lovely smells :)

Ditto the biosun ones

Biosun, for their smell and their long lasting burn, i have tried many types and these are the best

The biosun ones are best and as far as i no only biosun ones are covered insurance wise as they have a filter to stop the wax dripping into the ear :)

Biosun. Only 'official' ones in my eyes :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Fab thanks for the info guys, I'm just going to start a Hopi ear candle course x

Hi
yes Biosun!!!

Just to let you know, and this is not a negative comment to you or the brand or your training, but you are not allowed to call them Hopi anymore.
The Hopi Indians did not practice this treatment and did ask Biosun to remove the name 'Hopi' from their title.
The southern Indian tribes did the ear candling, not the Hopi tibe

I hope you enjoy the training, it is a lovely treatment!:hug:
xx

Hi
yes Biosun!!!

Just to let you know, and this is not a negative comment to you or the brand or your training, but you are not allowed to call them Hopi anymore.
The Hopi Indians did not practice this treatment and did ask Biosun to remove the name 'Hopi' from their title.
The southern Indian tribes did the ear candling, not the Hopi tibe

I hope you enjoy the training, it is a lovely treatment!:hug:
xx

Interesting. I knew the Hopi tribe were trying to get it removed but wasn't aware they were successful...is this official, where did you read it? :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ooh, never knew that!
what do we call it now?

Looked at their web page the other day and it still said Hopi on it

It was in my training manual, I did a VTCT in Thermal Auricular Therapy ( ear Candling )
and its said in the manual about the Hopi .
I will dig out my manual at some point xx

I'd be interested to see this too x

Ok ladies and gents
i have dug out my vctc d1086 thermal auricular therapy course package so i will copy down what it written.

Until very recently, the therapy and candles were referred as to hopi ear candles but as can be seen from the exert below from the magazine for the federation of holistic therapists, the "international therapist" issue 58, may/ june 2004 the word ' hopi' can not be present, be associated with this therapy.

' hopi' ear candling called into question by hopi cultural preservation office.

A member of fht carrying out research into ear candling recently contacted the hopi cultural preservation office ( hcpo) to ask about the historical roots of this popular therapy.
Naturally she was quite surprised to receive a letter from hcpo some time later , telling her ' the hopi cultural preservation office is not aware of the hopi people ever practicing ear candling.
Furthermore, hcpo felt that the word hopi should not be referred to as 'hopi ear candling '.
The fht approached biosun who supply ' hopi ear candles' for their comments but no response was received before going to print.
Should further information come to light on this subject. Members will be informed by i.t ( nb the general qualification is vctc is the level 2 certificate in thermal auricular therapy and makes no mention of any american Indian connection )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back