Horrible customer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddy89

Reaction score
So a customer in her 40s who I have done for a few years asked if they could borrow our next to me crib as her sister was coming over from abroad to stay with them and she has a little boy. We lent her the next to me crib which she then put of for 3 months returning! When it returned there was a hole in the bag it’s kept in and some black marks on it but I ignored it as it could easily be done being transported. When I opened the cot and put it up to check it the zip was damaged and you can no longer put it up. So I messaged her. And she replied oh I don’t know how we done that we didn’t use the zip. You can have my sons if you like or I can buy you another one. Then another message saying when my partner put it away it wasn’t damaged.

Any way I didn’t reply as she was booked in with me two days later to have hers and her daughters hair coloured as she was getting married the following week. So I was just going to speak to her face to face then.

The day of her appointment comes, she was booked in at 12 and at 10.20 she text to cancel to say she thinks they had a bug!! So I replied politely ok do you want to re book? She ignored me.

Then I saw in her wedding pictures she had her hair done so not only has she broken my sons crib she has also cancelled a £160 hair appointment an hour and half before they were due to come!

So I messaged her saying my sons cot was not broken when I gave it to you nor was the bag ripped. It needs replacing please. Bring one round or you have my bank details so transfer the money what ever is easiest for you. Anyway she didn’t read it for a while and went on honey moon.

Then when she did read it a couple of weeks later she has since blocked me!!

Makes me so angry!!

What would you do?

I learnt a long time ago to never a lender or borrower be. They are wise words and now I never lend anything I want back as people often don’t show the same respect that they may have done if they had to earn the money that paid for it.

It’s a shame that she didn’t turn out to be the person you thought she was. Put the incident behind you and move on.

Aww it's awful but she's clearly not a very nice person and has probably done you a favour in the long run you don't need anyone like that in your life no one does xx
If I were you I'd block too And just move on with the lesson learned

What an awful woman. Block her back. The cot is sadly a write off I think - it would be hard to enforce a situation where she paid you back. Don’t ever lend your stuff to clients again xxx

So a customer in her 40s who I have done for a few years asked if they could borrow our next to me crib as her sister was coming over from abroad to stay with them and she has a little boy. We lent her the next to me crib which she then put of for 3 months returning! When it returned there was a hole in the bag it’s kept in and some black marks on it but I ignored it as it could easily be done being transported. When I opened the cot and put it up to check it the zip was damaged and you can no longer put it up. So I messaged her. And she replied oh I don’t know how we done that we didn’t use the zip. You can have my sons if you like or I can buy you another one. Then another message saying when my partner put it away it wasn’t damaged.

Any way I didn’t reply as she was booked in with me two days later to have hers and her daughters hair coloured as she was getting married the following week. So I was just going to speak to her face to face then.

The day of her appointment comes, she was booked in at 12 and at 10.20 she text to cancel to say she thinks they had a bug!! So I replied politely ok do you want to re book? She ignored me.

Then I saw in her wedding pictures she had her hair done so not only has she broken my sons crib she has also cancelled a £160 hair appointment an hour and half before they were due to come!

So I messaged her saying my sons cot was not broken when I gave it to you nor was the bag ripped. It needs replacing please. Bring one round or you have my bank details so transfer the money what ever is easiest for you. Anyway she didn’t read it for a while and went on honey moon.

Then when she did read it a couple of weeks later she has since blocked me!!

Makes me so angry!!

What would you do?

Sorry but you need to let it go. Never lend anyone anything unless you are ok with never getting it back. Same with money. I’d never even lend my family stuff let alone a business customer. If she’s this way about a crib though I’m surprised she was actually paying for your services. Sounds like she has no money or conscience. Many don’t. Just dont do it again. Dont have her back in for services either as she’s shown she isn’t to be trusted. Remember as close and friendly as you are with clients they are not your friends and you can never expect them to treat you like one.

Latest posts

Back