Hot stone massage, best option?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm considering bringing in hot stone massage as my massage therapist is trained in this. i have been looking at the kits and the pot that they go in is very expensive! they basically look like a slow cooker (crock pot) would i be able to use a slow cooker instead?

I use a slow cooker for my hot stones, and so do a few therapists I know, I keep the cooker on low at all times and then remove the stones about 10 minutes before treatment.

We also use a slow cooker, if you get a decent sized one they are great. One thing I did find is the clunking sound when getting the stones out a few clients found it quite annoying when they are relaxing so I use to sort them out as which ones I would use first, second, third etc and then place the stones in between a damp face cloth that way you don't need to cover the lot in hot water and you just pull each towel out with the stones in. Less clunking around and more relaxed clients

I have a question about hot stones? At the moment I'm only offering hot stone back massages as I'm not particularly confident with them. My questions are:

1. How many stones do you use for the back?
2. I was taught to take out all the stones that you would use on the area. However, on practice, they cooled too much when not in use. So, how do you keep them warm??
Thanks!! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, is it ok to break the back treatment slightly to go and get more stones from the heater? X

Also, is it ok to break the back treatment slightly to go and get more stones from the heater? X

Take extra stones out and place under a towel to hand and they keep warm and then you can swap when the first ones cool down.

Thank you. So, do you take all the stones out for the whole back treatment? How many do you use? X

When I did my training they put them in a quilted bag to keep it was quite expensive so I just got some oven gloves cut the middle section out works well xxx

That should say to keep the stones warm lol x

Hot stone is one of best treatments I trained on love it one stroke with stone = 7 hands good for deep tissue work x

Latest posts

Back