Hot stone or make up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenT59

Reaction score
Next training event! I can't decide so what do u think?

I would choose hot stone!

We are currently learning make up in college, and I find it so boring. It's not that I don't like it, but I find it such a vast subject that we are not even skimming the surface.

Next training event! I can't decide so what do u think?

I would go for make up! I did make up in my basic beauty course and again at college and I almost died of boredom as mentioned. However when working within the industry and you actually study after you qualify at a make up school which focus is mainly on either theatre or fashion and you will LOVE it.

Looking into doing it at a makeup academy so was hoping it would be more interesting lol as it's not covered in college course. Any experience of which would bring inlet money though?

Waxing is what I do most days but I did go to a private make up academy as well.

For the money making part of it 2 ways:

Retail. That's just straight profit. I suggest 1 or 2 things after a facial.

Or do mini make overs with a deposit that can be used towards retail.

Make up application workshops for clients. Setting up 2 right now.

Well it depends on how good you are. To what you charge and how well known you are for your service .

Make up kit is expensive and certain products don't last forever so you need to replace them. So if your volume of work or turn over is high enough and you can build your kit up , you will make money. If you are un known and building up your kit, it will take time so patience is key!

Hotstone is massage and once your initial stones (usually you get a start up kit with your studies) it just costs for your oil and a portable plinth. So it would initially bring in more money.

Beauty isn't a career to pursue for wealth and riches hunni it's about passion and loving your job! I don't know many people who are happy and excited to go to work! I am! I love my job! That is the most rewarding more then money!

So my advise dear Dorothy is thus: start off doing either make up or massage studies that you are most passionate about and when you make more money you can slowly save and then do make up later. :)

Beauty at your finger tips!

Ah I don't do beauty and massage for money! If that were the case id be long gone lol however I would like to start making a profit soon-my salon set up is new but getting busier, I'm known for massage and facials as I love the relaxation and therapeutic side to beauty. Makeup I initially want interested in but...I see other therapists getting a lot of custom with bridal packages etc and I need to branch out a little to invite new customers in.
I personally would love to do either but I know the make up is going to be very expensive!

Latest posts

Back