Hot stones & towel heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

face

Reaction score
I have just returned from a little R & R at a spa and was quite surprised that when I had a hot stone massage, the spa was heating the stones in a towel heater. I have always used a water hot stone heater - I have to say a towel heater would probably be a lot easier as for one thing you'd actually be able to see the stones in the dim light of a treatment room & the therapist was able to start a massage straight away as the stones weren't that hot, where as I find I have to effleurage with the stones quickly on the up stroke and just use the back of my hands on the down stroke until I feel they are at a comfortable temp for the client
Is this becoming normal practice to use a towel heater now?

I tend to pop them in my towel cabi now.I have limited space in my room and I have to get my hot stone heater out so unless i am doing a full hot stone massage which is rare as I hate doing them,I just pop some stones in the cabi.
They do get very hot though if left in.
I only really Incorporate them into a Swedish massage on backs now,I don't do all the placements etc.I do think though if you are doing a full stone massage its better to use your heater.

I used to work with clarins and they use the stones in the cabi but I have recently set up by myself and discovered a company called vulsini. It's a bit expensive but well worth it have a look on google.

thanks guys I too have limited space so maybe an idea in the future - interesting to see that clarins use stones from a towel heater

Latest posts

Back