Hot Stones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavender-blue

Reaction score
Hi.
Has anybody done the hot stone massage course???
If so , what did you think???
Do you get many clients booking for this treatment??

Elaine xx

Hi.
Has anybody done the hot stone massage course???
If so , what did you think???
Do you get many clients booking for this treatment??

Elaine xx

Hi,

Yes i have done the course and the treatment is lovely, don't offer it now as im mobile but in the salon it wasn't as popular as swedish massage but we did charge more for it.
If you decide to offer it i would reccomend that you do the La Stone Therapy training, i did a basic one day course at wholesalers and it was rubbish !! I did not feel like we taught anything but to just do a normal massage whilst holding the stones. I know of another therapist that has done the La stone training and i think it was three days but well worth it and also covered theory which i didn't :irked: and i think it is necessary with this sort of treatment also you learn a proper stone routine :)

I recently trained in hot and cold stone facials with Essensa - I can honestly say it is the most fantastic face treatment I have ever experienced and has already become one of the most popular I offer. It's inspired me to go on and do the full thermal stone massage course.

Jing Massage (click here for website) also offer training in stone massage and are fantastic - they're based down in Brighton but also do workshops around the country. Their hot stone fusion course is 6 days long, very competitively priced, and they are extremely well respected tutors within the massage industry.

I've also heard good things about La Stone, and it could be argued that they are the modern day "orginators" of the treatment, but their stone kits are incredibly expensive.

I imported my stones and heater from America, and even with postage and import charges it worked out cheaper than buying from UK suppliers.

Andy x

I absolutely love this treatment. It's not as popular as other massage treatments but usually once you describe it to clients they book one in for next time. It is fantastic to have done..... I trained with TH Stone x

Latest posts

Back