Hot wax manicure assessment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebabes33

Reaction score
:)hi everyone i have other posts on here to check that i am going to do my assessments correctly! this one is regarding the hot wax manicure - is the following the correct way to do it please?!

1. consultation
2. file bevel buff
3. soak nails
4. cuticle work
5. apply hot wax wrap in foil and a towel and leave for ten mins, then remove
6. massage with massage lotion

is this correct?!

it would be much appreciated if anyone can tell me if i have gone wrong anywhere!

many thanks!:)

Hi, again
On my assessment we were taught to exfoilate and massge before applying the paraffin wax then the wax could soak up the residue from the massage oil, but i dont suppose it matters which way you do it, just remember to squeak the nails before applying polish.

What order were you taught at college? You may find that we were all taught slightly different methods so it's best to follow what you were taught.

With any college assessments you have to do it the way your college wants you to do it as many individuals (including me) have different methods and preferred ways of doing the treatments, so please, please, please revise your college method, not our method.

Once you have qualified you can then do it the way that you prefer or your employers prefer.

thanks ladies! will double check tomorrow will get there a lot earlier before the assessment starts so will make sure i know what i am doing!

thanks again!

hay ave got a assesment day on saturday and i was told to do the exfolixation then:green: hand massage then the paffafin wax xxxxxx

Hay :)

I had my assesment yesterday!
My college teaches the same as you said above.
But apply cuticle cream first - then soak - then do cuticle work.
Im not sure if this will have helped :|

But yeah I would check with your college before because it depends what they would like to see and how the examining board (for us its ITEC?) likes it done!

B xxx

Hay :)

I had my assesment yesterday!
My college teaches the same as you said above.
But apply cuticle cream first - then soak - then do cuticle work.
Im not sure if this will have helped :|

But yeah I would check with your college before because it depends what they would like to see and how the examining board (for us its ITEC?) likes it done!

B xxx

thanks! yes it is done the way I thought (at our college anyway) I checked! I did the hand mask treatment on tuesday and passed phew! I am doing city and guilds. Doing the hot wax next tues on my mother in law(!) and finally the warm oil one the week after. On 2nd dec (my birthday!!) I have the online exam and thats it until 6th jan when i start the artificial nails course.

Latest posts

Back