Hot wax on large areas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani82

Reaction score
Does anyone use hot wax for legs arms backs etc!? I so prefer it but was taught to use strip wax on large areas

Many Thanks

There's nothing stopping you using it but it is generally more time consuming and will work out a lot more expensive. I do prefer using it on arms tho as it's far less sticky.

It would be more expensive. I use hot wax on chest with a t shape, then I'm left with quarters to use strip wax on. If it is a very hairy back then I run hot wax down the middle and across making my quarters again. Hope this helps.

We charge 50% on top of strip wax prices for hot wax.

We use hot wax as standard for these areas - ears, nostrils, face, bikini/intimate, under arms.

I just find strip wax really messy! I'm sure it's just my technique :-( but drives me insane!
Also think I need some fabric strips instead of paper ;-)

Also would you need to oil under hot wax on a larger area

Have you seen outbacks organics wax range? They do a type that is similar to hot wax so not need for strips but it's a lot more flexible can be applied thinner and on larger areas.
Hope this helps

I second out backs hot wax amazing

I haven't but will defo have a look ;-) thank you x

Also would you need to oil under hot wax on a larger area
Yes apply oil under your non strip waxes the same as you do for strip wax.

I also charge a lot more for using non strip wax for larger areas. I don't get many requests for this but given the additional cost of the product you need to ensure you charge enough to reflect this...

Last edited:
I wax my brother's back for him and use strip wax but it leaves so many short hairs and I just don't have time to go tweeze every last sucker out. I did consider using non strip just for his back. Does anyone else use non strip on a back wax?

I wax my brother's back for him and use strip wax but it leaves so many short hairs and I just don't have time to go tweeze every last sucker out. I did consider using non strip just for his back. Does anyone else use non strip on a back wax?

I did try this out Monday and it took soooo long I would never do it again 😳

Why not try going over the areas that are left with hair still using the hot wax that's what I do :) xx

Latest posts

Back