Hotel lease

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunray

Reaction score
Hi guys, Just wondering if any of you rent/lease your premises from a hotel? If so would you mind sharing your wealth of knowledge, specifically any terms and conditions you have to adhere to. Do you work on a fixed rent or percentage basis and how much do you pay? Sorry if I sound stupid but ,are you liable for business rates.
I'd really appreciate any advice you can give and thank you in advance, this site is a godsend :hug:

What is it you are thinking of doing? Renting a room in a hotel to carry out your treatments, a lot of people rent space in gyms, or opening a salon within the hotel?

Sratchers (Kirsty) may be able to help you,

Thanks for your replies. The hotel I had in mind already has premises converted for a salon, consisting of 2 treatment rooms, bathroom, nail bar area and a waiting area.
At the moment it isn't open on a set daily basis but the therapists come and go and are paid per treatment performed.
I've been weighing up the pros and cons of approaching the owner and asking to rent it, but don't have a notion of what i should be expecting to pay, how much say the hotel would have with regards to opening hours or products, how light and heat are calculated etc etc etc
Sorry for all the questions but I feel like I'm going round and round in circles and the current economic doom and gloom isn't helping!!!!:confused:

Hi
I have experience in running my own business within a Hotel.
Basically you need to go in with a "prosposal" for what you want to do. Arrange a meeting with the Hotel Manager and go through it with him/her.
I paid a set monthly rental for my Beauty room. I paid for my own products & brochures, did my own marketing. You may want to ask if you can add your treatments on to their website if not already on.
I was lucky enough to use their towels, the manager wasn't really there alot of the time so didnt realise that I did that but it saves you alot of laundering costs!
You need to be aware that you will be workin anti social hours all year round if you really want to make the most of this opportunity. I just closed on Xmas day. Guests stay all year round so its not a Monday - Friday, 9-5.30pm job. But the good thing is if you work later one day, you might be able to start/finish earlier the next if its quiet.
Explain to the management how you can bring in more business for them by offering full time beauty hours, you can also do pamper package breaks and offer Wedding make up if guests can marry at the Hotel.
Agreeing on a rent will be the hardest thing, I'd go for a set amount then you have more money coming your way when you are busy. Start low and negotiate higher if the management arent happy. You'll be doing them a favour by offering a full time service for guests. It may be the deciding factor on people booking at the Hotel if they can have a beauty treatment.
Hope this helps. If you need anymore advice, just give me a shout.
xxx

By the way, the rent would include all the heating, water etc, it would be too complicated to work that out seperatley.
You would have full control over your opening hours as well.

Thanks for your help shellbert, You're a star:hug:
I've been reading every post on this site for months but just couldn't see what I needed. I plan on approaching the manager but didn't want to go into it clueless and be ripped off as a result.

Latest posts

Back