Hourly rate to charge client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolled Up!

Reaction score
Hi I've just been approached by a charitable event seeking someone to offer treatments to family support workers. He's asked me to give him a quote for 3 hours of my time but I'm not sure what to say?! Especially as it's a for such a cause. I will have to travel and was thinking of offering express mani/pedi and eyebrow waxes maybe although not sure about the waxing?! Any advice would be appreciated! X

This really is down to you being for a cause.
You could use it as a way to drum up business taking leaflets and business cards which then people will probably pass to family etc. Good way to build recommendation.

If it was me I would cover expenses and offer my time for free. Petrol, materials etc.

We offer printing for most charities at cost price.

I did something similar for our local sure start center last summer. I decided it was a great way to get some free promotion and advertising and so I offered to attend for two hours totally free providing they would put an advert in their flyer and allow me to take someone along to hand out flyers etc.

The day was a great success, I offered basic file and polish, taster Indian head massage and taster reflexology. I also had a donations tin (suggested by the event organizer) and my eldest daughter handing out flyers, business cards, and retailing little gift bags (file, solar oil pinky, mini hand lotion) and gift vouchers.

I made just under £60, which probably only just covered my retail items, consumables and petrol. But I also sold £80 worth of gift vouchers and gained 3-4 clients who are still regulars, and have also since recommended other clients!

Htg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back