House offers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mortgage restrictions tightened considerably towards the end of April that's why there was a massive surge in buying before these restrictions came into play. It is now even harder to get on the ladder.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well that's just great!😠

(It's getting really tiring keeping my house spotless with 4kid).

You did well virtues selling and buying yours before the change!

Well that's just great!😠

(It's getting really tiring keeping my house spotless with 4kid).

You did well virtues selling and buying yours before the change!

Yes. And that's why I did it.... ha ha. Don't worry you will sell your house.

Everything stayed busy with our viewings into May, the houses we viewed all had about 20 people viewing within a few days. We've had an offer accepted and so far so good with the mortgage application, they haven't even really ask for much, well, a lot less than I thought but not sure if it's different because we have a mortgage broker

Everything stayed busy with our viewings into May, the houses we viewed all had about 20 people viewing within a few days. We've had an offer accepted and so far so good with the mortgage application, they haven't even really ask for much, well, a lot less than I thought but not sure if it's different because we have a mortgage broker

Brokers don't give money they arrange it and find the best deals so it won't make any difference to you being accepted for a mortgage because you have a broker. Obviously it all depends on individual circumstances. It's good that yours went through ok. I know loads of people that haven't been accepted and is just getting harder.

Our mortgage has been set up with Halifax. I was stunned, they asked to see our driving licenses and passports at the first meeting and that was it! We took 3 months worth of bank statements and payslips etc but they never asked to see them, they just asked us how much we earn and took our word for it and formally accepted us on the second meeting. Maybe it needs to be more difficult, I dread to think who they've been lending hundreds of thousands of pounds to :eek:

I suppose having a broker just takes some of the pressure off then!

I suppose having a broker just takes some of the pressure off then!

Hey, I know it's been a while but wondering how you got on with the house?

We have just put in an offer for our first house! Our application has gone in via a broker, I never thought I would feel so worried! Banks are experiencing a backlog due to the new mortgage restrictions apparently so will be at least a couple of weeks before they approve/decline us... So nervous, especially as we are using the help to buy scheme 95% LTV so extra pressure!

We have just put in an offer for our first house! Our application has gone in via a broker, I never thought I would feel so worried! Banks are experiencing a backlog due to the new mortgage restrictions apparently so will be at least a couple of weeks before they approve/decline us... So nervous, especially as we are using the help to buy scheme 95% LTV so extra pressure!

Just wanted to wish you luck! I need to sell my house and move to a bigger one but it's the backlog in the banks that's putting me off a bit for the minute.

And to the original OP it's definitely not too cheeky to put a much lower offer in. My house was on the market for 115k originally and I got it for £69,500 :) (I live in South Wales so our houses are much cheaper lol!) xx

Latest posts

Back