How best to apply Swarovski onto acrylic enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTJay

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
A friend has asked for me to glitz up her acrylic nails for a holiday.
What's the best method and product to apply swarovski to acrylic nails?

I use shellac, so do have the option of applying a clear colour coat, setting into the inhibition layer and then top coating but I'd rather avoid coating the crystals to retain the best possible sparkle.

I've found many threads on swarovski application using shellac but not come across the best method for my situation.
I'm hoping someone will recommend a bonding method that will make them last for at least 2weeks (minus the odd one here and there) but if I have to top coat to get the longevity then Id rather do that than have them get knocked off with in a few days.

Many thanks in advance
Kate

Hi geeks,
A friend has asked for me to glitz up her acrylic nails for a holiday.
What's the best method and product to apply swarovski to acrylic nails?

I use shellac, so do have the option of applying a clear colour coat, setting into the inhibition layer and then top coating but I'd rather avoid coating the crystals to retain the best possible sparkle.

I've found many threads on swarovski application using shellac but not come across the best method for my situation.
I'm hoping someone will recommend a bonding method that will make them last for at least 2weeks (minus the odd one here and there) but if I have to top coat to get the longevity then Id rather do that than have them get knocked off with in a few days.

Many thanks in advance
Kate

I secure them in a clear acrylic x

I do my normal acrylic up up to cleanse. I cleanse the nail then use my nail glue to glue each one down. This lasts a long time for my clients without then falling off, however the down side is it take a bit longer and you only have so long to secure the crystal in the correct place. I then use a small nail brush and go inbetween the crystals with glue again then top quote.

As I said this take a little longer, however my clients are happy to pay a little more, take a little more time for them to last longer :)

Hope this helps :Love:

xxx

Were possible I use a small head of L&P, but have used resin before which worked well. Top coat nail first then use either method. X

I'd use a tiny bead of acrylic x

Many thanks for all your replies. X

I use a small dot of nail glue then topcoat over them last forever that way but a swine to remove!!

Latest posts

Back