Swarovski, but not on gel polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pampam

Reaction score
I know there have been many threads about Swarovski application but all the advice seems to relate to applying the over Shellac/gel polish. I'm just after some advice on how I would attach them to normal polish? I got the clear ss5's from Scatter Crystals and I can't wait to try them on myself! I use OPI GelColor but I don't have a silver so I'm thinking of applying them over a silver OPI lacquer. I was going to apply the polish then maybe set them in a layer of NSI polybond then finish off by applying Glaze 'n Go in between the crystals before curing. Could anyone let me know if there's a better method? Should I forget the polybond and just set them in Glaze'n Go? I'm trained in acrylics but not in gels so I'm wondering if I might need something like NSI Finish Clear or NSI Top Gloss for when I offer this to clients?

I've a strong feeling Glaze N Go will just crack...

Oh, good point! I've read that it will crack over normal polish but had completely forgot! I think I'll try a clear pink GelColor with silver glitter then the crystals in the topcoat until I can get my hands on a silver....thanks for the advice, saved me from having a complete mess on my toes no doubt! Xx

Why not apply the Gel Colour,then silver Polish over the top and apply swarovski with nail glue?

I use NSI nail glue and don't lose the crystals they're better stuck than when I use Shellac as a top coat :)

That's good to know about the glue! I'm wondering if I do it that way would I really need the GelColor underneath then? Sorry for all the questions hun I'm thinking to maybe try out two accent nails on my fingers first to see how they last in both methods xx

That's good to know about the glue! I'm wondering if I do it that way would I really need the GelColor underneath then? Sorry for all the questions hun I'm thinking to maybe try out two accent nails on my fingers first to see how they last in both methods xx
For personal use I'd say you could possibly get away with just the Polish, however, on a client I'd say with the Gel under too just as a protective layer incase any got caught and pulled on the nail :)

Oh true! Thanks for the advice! I don't think there's any point then really even using them with normal polish...no wonder I couldn't find any info in the previous threads!
I'm going to just order a silver GelColor on Monday and just do it properly...Could I just ask when do you add the glue? Should I put it on the topcoat after I wipe off inhibition layer then put on the crystals and then a thin layer of Glaze 'n Go before curing?
Sorry for all the questions (I would put a smiley face but I haven't worked out how to lol!)

Oh true! Thanks for the advice! I don't think there's any point then really even using them with normal polish...no wonder I couldn't find any info in the previous threads!
I'm going to just order a silver GelColor on Monday and just do it properly...Could I just ask when do you add the glue? Should I put it on the topcoat after I wipe off inhibition layer then put on the crystals and then a thin layer of Glaze 'n Go before curing?
Sorry for all the questions (I would put a smiley face but I haven't worked out how to lol!)

Id do the regular gel polish then just use good brush on resin. My stones stay on for over 2 weeks sometimes provided im not rough

Id do the regular gel polish then just use good brush on resin. My stones stay on for over 2 weeks sometimes provided im not rough
I'm going to try them like that, thanks so much for all the advice xx

Latest posts

Back