How can I get my Website to the top of a search??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEPHC195

Reaction score
How can you get your website to appear at the top of a search?
If I type in spray tanning in hertfordshire sometimes my website comes up but low down the page and sometimes not at all!!

Www.Sunkissedspraytans.co.uk

Hey, this is taken from an article off the net, hope it helps

Pay per click (PPC) is one way of maximising the traffic that you direct to your website. PPC involves choosing a set of keywords which are associated with your business e.g. “hairdressers Maidenhead” and paying to link your website to these words when a customer types them into a search engine, so your website appears at the top of the search results. The benefits of PPC are that you only pay when someone clicks through to your site and you can set a budget however big or small you like. It is best to be selective about which keywords you choose, don’t try to cover all of them, instead pick a few, evaluate the results and decide whether to keep or remove them.

It is imperative that your landing page, the first page on your website, is appealing and encourages the customer to delve deeper and find out more, this is especially true for businesses in the beauty industry: practice what you preach!

If you do a search for posts by a geek called Seanny he did a lot of great threads to help with search engine optimisation ... and it's all free and actually very easy to do!

A lot depends on good use of meta tags in the head of the page - if you define your meta tags well, and make sure that the title of the page is as descriptive as possible, then you are well on the way to making your site optimal for search engines. Avoid "keyword spamming" though, which is where you take the contents of meta tags to extremes, e.g. repeating words too many times in there, etc. The search engines don't like that.

Latest posts

Back