How close to apply micro bond weft

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty_Geek

Reaction score
As the title states how close do you apply micro bond wefts? I am trained in extensions but not this method. I had some fitted on sat with this method and they were so close to my scalp they've rubbed and created sores and scabs. Have they applied too close? Or are they supposed to be at the very roots? Thanks

As the title states how close do you apply micro bond wefts? I am trained in extensions but not this method. I had some fitted on sat with this method and they were so close to my scalp they've rubbed and created sores and scabs. Have they applied too close? Or are they supposed to be at the very roots? Thanks

Doesn't sound right if you've got scabs and sores, the only way you would get that is if they are placed to close to the scalp x

That's what I thought too. How far away would you position? Xx

Probably the same distance as you would with single strand extensions x

I was trained in micro ring weft on Monday and they advised to fit as close to the scalp a s possible as its a temporary type of extensions so to make it last as long as possible. But scabs doesn't sound good!

When taking the individual sections of your own hair, that is combined with a section from the weft, you need to ensure that the section is not taken from too wide an angle - otherwise considerable stress is placed at the roots where these wide sections finish.

It is tricky with a weft as if you do place it further from the scalp as you would strand by strand then it becomes loose and 'bags' so quickly.

Also allergy to the rings may contribute to what you are experiencing.

I was trained in micro ring weft on Monday and they advised to fit as close to the scalp a s possible as its a temporary type of extensions so to make it last as long as possible. But scabs doesn't sound good!

Where did you train Hun & where are you going to get your hair from?x

I always fit them with the bead on top, but the bead isnt sown to the hair :)

Trained with studio58. Was great! Still no idea about wefts, need to get some models to measure longevity x

They didn't combine with weft hair. Just strands from above and below and then clamped. Was told I wouldn't need an appointment to reposition for 2 months! Doesn't sound right if supposed to be temporary which is what this really appears to be. I didn't think of an allergy. It's only say half the fittings. But I suppose if its not touching the scalp I wouldn't have a reaction anyway xx

No you need it to be hair of your own from the top and hair of the weft from the bottom. You will probably get six weeks from it, ideally with a maintenance in between. :\

Latest posts

Back