how did you all feel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy_chic

Reaction score
Hey everyone. little problem. I have finsihed my L&P course beggining march. anyway I was doing really well at the beginning. then i stopped for a while so I have not got much practice. the other day i did a full set on my mum and Couldnt handle the beads they were either too wet or too dry (could be the heat here). anyway once i buffed them they were fine. I am use to doing them on myself now the only prob is that I dont have the confedence to do them on other people. A freind of mine wants them done for her sister's wedding and my other friend and her mum also want them done but I'm scared and keep changing the subject. :( How did you all feel?

you need a confidence boost Charlene, the more you do the more confident you will become.
you didn't pay all that money for training and products to let it go to waste sweetheart, give yourself a kick up the bum, tell yourself you can do it and do it well, once you get back into the swing of it there'll be no stopping you :hug: xx

Thanks Sandi I love it so much but when i start seeing it go wrong I feel like I want to give up although I cant. I have spent so much yes and I keep spending as I love it. I will give my friend a call and practice on her and find more people to practice. xx

Missy_chic said:
Hey everyone. little problem. I have finsihed my L&P course beggining march. anyway I was doing really well at the beginning. then i stopped for a while so I have not got much practice. the other day i did a full set on my mum and Couldnt handle the beads they were either too wet or too dry (could be the heat here). anyway once i buffed them they were fine. I am use to doing them on myself now the only prob is that I dont have the confedence to do them on other people. A freind of mine wants them done for her sister's wedding and my other friend and her mum also want them done but I'm scared and keep changing the subject. :( How did you all feel?

well...i felt pretty much just like this and when people asked me to do their nails i got embarassed and changed the subject too! :smack:
thing is your not going to get better if you dont start somewhere and it really is better to do them on friends and friends mums etc than strangers, as your friends should know your not that experienced and not that confident. good luck babes.
Nic

Keep practising hun:hug: Ask your friends and family and use your nail trainer. Hope you don't give up just yet x

Missy_chic said:
Thanks Nic I dont know why i'm like this as the first two full sets I did were good but now I have really lacked confidence. I was thinking of getting the hand trainer but its a waste to use the products on it when I could be doing poeple's hands I guess. Here are two links to the first and second full set I had done.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/missy_chic/2ndset.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/missy_chic/myveryfirstfullset.jpg

Ah they are good! Is it acrylic you used?

Hun those are great for your first attempt! Seriously. How long did they take?

You should be very proud of yourself, not beating up on yourself. Go get yourself someone to practice on before you change your mind.

Much better than mine were at that stage.

Laura x

Hi hun well i did the first day of ezflow l&p course sunday just gone & i thought that i would never be able to get enough practice to be good enough. So did my first full set at home on my niece and they were fab for a first attempt her friend was inpressed as she has booked in with me for a set tommorow. So keep your chin up rally round and get some friends & family to practice on. I now have about 6 more lined up for sets i should be okay then for my second day on the 18th june 06. Keep going don't give up you obviously love the industry.

good luck hun
dazzle:hug:

Missy_chic said:
Thanks Nic I dont know why i'm like this as the first two full sets I did were good but now I have really lacked confidence. I was thinking of getting the hand trainer but its a waste to use the products on it when I could be doing poeple's hands I guess. Here are two links to the first and second full set I had done.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/missy_chic/2ndset.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/missy_chic/myveryfirstfullset.jpg

The thing about using a nail trainer is you do get better as you can practice as often as you like, without having to wait for someone to be free to practice on. If you are lacking in confidence and still need to iron out a few things that you are not happy with then it is better in my opinion to use a nail trainer than real people as real people tend not to want them done again if they think they are not as good as they could be. I have a nail trainer and certainly do not regret using it or my products as I have built up my confidence and managed to get quicker and the nails are much better too. So give the nail trainer real consideration. Re the photos....the one thing that I will comment on is on the first set they look like you still have a little dead tissue around zone 3 and they were a little wide at the free edge. The 2nd set are definitely better than the first set all round, so you are really improving and the nails have some nice smile lines, the shape is better too. Dont beat yourself up as we all get off days and the beads do on occasion develop a mind of their own:eek: Just keep practicing and I am sure you will get where you want to be:hug:

thanks EVeryone. Yes princess they are Creative L&P. It Tkes me nearly 3 hours Laura. I too had 4 people who wanted them done Dazzle but it was bad timing and now I find it difficult. I will definetely Try again though and show you more pics. I agree about the dead tissue. she had so much and it took me ages to get where I got. They are worse again now. Given her solar oil but its a problem she has. Thanks everyne once again.

Latest posts

Back