How did you escape the 9-5?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just do it!

I had a full time well paid job with a company car, holidays, bonuses ect and I had a desk in my spare room doing nails at night. I made hardly any money and had no savings or salon experience.

At the age of 24 I packed in my job, went to the bank, got a loan and opened my own beauty salon.

That was nearly 2 years ago. I have an apprentice and I'm taking on another and expanding the salon size.

I didn't have a back up plan, savings, parents, plan b to fall back on. I didn't need it!! As long as you have motivation that's all you need go success!

I HAD to make my business work! No one else was going too! I like nice things too much as well. I work my ass off and I work really long hours and it never stops. I work weekends, early mornings, Christmas, you name it I do it!

It's slowly starting to pay off. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I never imagined how successful my business would be.

Had I not made the leap I would probably be still working 9-5 just doing the odd nails here and there. Dreaming of a life I wanted.

Don't dream it..do it!

Latest posts

Back