How did you get your clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebabes33

Reaction score
:)hi i was just wondering how the ladies on here got a good client base? I have posted business cards but havent heard from any of them. I handed some out at car boot sales and got a couple, but would like to know how you did it! thanks!:)

Got all my family together and sent them round the doors posting A5 flyers within a couple miles radius of the salon...bought them all a cheap lunch...got a few wee bits and pieces from this and then it all grew by word of mouth.

HTH :)

I went to local primary schools and handed out flyers, also went round sunbed shops and hairdressers and they all let me put leaflets on their counters. My next target is slimming classes! Not had a great response yet, but xmas is coming and all those parties are around the corner.....! Good luck.

I advertised on the all the free listing sites on the web, Netmums is a good one as it has a local section where you can advertise. I also have the web address on the back of the car and whilst I havent directly got any clients from this its a good way to advertise :green: I checked on here when I was trying to decide if I should buy a load of leaflets but a few people said not to bother as they rarely work, I think this depends on where you live.
Gail
x :hug:

EVERYWHERE! Lol.

I did a big leaflet drop because i'm on a residential estate. This worked great for me. My family all helped out, god love em.

I work in a hairdressers so i sent a 10% welcome voucher to each of them.

Everyone i know took leaflets to their workplace to hand out or pin on the notice board.

Printed posters, laminated them and put them on free boards locally.

Advertised on everything free possible on the internet (as said before)

Getting a website worked amazingly well for me. You can get cheap DIY ones on vistaprint.

Paid to put my price lists in the local leisure centre.

You can swap cards with other businesses, such as hairdressers, bridal shops, etc.

Give cards or leaflets to all clubs you can think of.

Send an email to all local schools, clubs, etc offering a gift voucher for their christmas raffle. They often put you on their advertising. If not, the person who wins the voucher may love you and become a loyal client.

:)hi i was just wondering how the ladies on here got a good client base? I have posted business cards but havent heard from any of them. I handed some out at car boot sales and got a couple, but would like to know how you did it! thanks!:)

*ahem* Ladies? Guess you don't want my advice then!! :green:

I posted something on here a few days ago, but I stopped in all the big shops like boots, superdrug, topshop etc and asked someone on the shop floor if they wanted a free full set with one infill too. (make sure they're full time before though - no good if they're only there one day a week!)

They get seen by loads of potential clients and of course will tell them where to find you. Seeing the product ALWAYS works for clients!

Good luck!

i did some 600 leaflets and got 2 phone calls back and then it was a word of mouth that got me more clients. word of mouth is the best advertising that you can get. if people like your work they either will be asked where they got those beautiful nails or the word will be passed on to others. plus if you do different things to ordinary nail technician stuff is a bonus.
be unique and interesting and also friendly.
some of my clients are now quite good mates of mine.

Latest posts

Back