How do I get CAPTCHA to show on my website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redduck

Reaction score
Hiya.
I've been having problems with spammers auto filling my contact form on my website. After doing some research I found out if I added CAPTCHA to the site it could help prevent spam.

Yesterday I re-designed my form using jotform and added captcha. However, after embedding the form on my website I've found that the captcha doesn't show. Instead I just get a grey, circular 'loading' icon. If you fill the form in and then press 'submit' captcha does show on a new page.

I've got round this for now as i've placed the line 'Press submit to receive security code'. However, this isn't a long term fix as it doesn't look very professional.

I've done further research and it seems I need to get some captcha html for my site. I can do this but then have no idea what to do with it.

I've asked my host (streamline) who have said I need to google captcha but they don't support script.

Can anyone help? As you can probably tell I'm not very computer savy. I've done my own basic website using a wizard though I have been learning a bit about html programming and have managed some basics.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Just bumping this up incase there are any techy wizards around :biggrin:

This is something I could do with finding out more about too, as I could do with integrating a CAPTCHA system with my own stuff as well.

Maybe you could drop me a private message and we could discuss this over the weekend?

This is something I could do with finding out more about too, as I could do with integrating a CAPTCHA system with my own stuff as well.

Maybe you could drop me a private message and we could discuss this over the weekend?

And when you find out how to do it, maybe you could tell us all! :Love:

And when you find out how to do it, maybe you could tell us all! :Love:

Alas it's not as simple as a "one size fits all" solution though. It will depend on the technologies supported by the web host for each individual site, and the way that the contact form on each site is set up. E.g. The implementation for PHP will be different than for Java or ASP.NET

Alas it's not as simple as a "one size fits all" solution though. It will depend on the technologies supported by the web host for each individual site, and the way that the contact form on each site is set up. E.g. The implementation for PHP will be different than for Java or ASP.NET

Well you've totally lost me - I did say I wasn't computer savy. I'm away over half term but if you're around the week after i'll try and find some more infomation by then.

Could you share your website address? It could depend on how your site is set up.

I didn't see any obvious issues so I did a quick search on the jotform forum. This sounds like it could be a similar issue that was resolved fairly easily: CAPTCHA keep loading on Mac Hopefully it does the trick, but if not I'll be glad to dig a little further.

Thanks for your help Mysti. I've looked at that link but, and correct me if i'm wrong, isn't MAC and safari on the apple system? I use windows on a PC. Sorry, hadn't mentioned that before.

Thanks for your help Mysti. I've looked at that link but, and correct me if i'm wrong, isn't MAC and safari on the apple system? I use windows on a PC. Sorry, hadn't mentioned that before.

I'm not even sure you have the right script in place for that, having just seen the forum post that Mysti linked to and checking the HTML source of your page.

As much as I would like to be of more help, I must admit I am a little rusty when it comes to web forms. The forum I linked to previously seems to offer fairly reliable assistance. I would suggest posting on their forum for further help. Hope you find the solution!

Latest posts

Back