How do I get my business email?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
Hello!

I have bought the website for my business and would like to know how to get the email address to match. IE [email protected]

Anyone able to point me in the right direction, please?

:)
xxx

Hello!

I have bought the website for my business and would like to know how to get the email address to match. IE [email protected]

Anyone able to point me in the right direction, please?

:)
xxx

Who did you buy your domain name from? as if its a host they will set it up for you! :wink2:

I bought it from names.co.uk. What do you mean by host?

Sorry, I'm a complete novice in this interweb :| xx

I bought it from names.co.uk. What do you mean by host?

Sorry, I'm a complete novice in this interweb :| xx

It looks as though you get free email from names.co.uk they do have a support line that you could maybe try. :wink2:

Hi Adventure Girl,

All websites need two things (other than the actual website itself)

1) A domain name (which you already have)
2) Hosting - this is essentially your websites 'home' on the internet.

Most hosting packages offer email addresses as part of their package. If you prefer to use the hosting on names.co.uk, email addresses look as though they're included. A run down of what is included is here: Web Hosting - Website hosting - Linux & Windows Hosting UK

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the info!

I've looked at the link you sent and it makes a bit more sense to me. Stupidly, I thought that once the website was purchased, I'd be up and running! D'oh.

Are there other 'hosts' available? If so, who do you all recommend? xx

Hello, did you buy a domain i.e. a name for your website, like yourbusiness.co.uk or did you buy actual website? Are you able to log in and use a web template to add pictures and text to your site?
What exactly did you buy? On names.co.uk there are two packages that have a website building programs: Website builder - Create a website - SiteMaker, both of them give you professional emails.
Anna x

Hi,
It looks like you can get a free email with the "names.co.uk" domain. The easiest thing will be for you to contact their customer service and get the instructions from them. It tends to be fairly easy and straightforward.

I use gmail - google 'use gmail with my own domain' and there's a step by step guide, plus it's free, bonus!

Latest posts

Back