How do i get my mobile clients to come to my home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loza789

Reaction score
hello,

i've been working mobile for the last 10 months evening and weekends and to be honest its starting to become a bit of a drag. i decided to turn one of my downstaires rooms into a salon so i get new clients and so my regulars could come as well.

things is, most of my clients are saying they'd stilll like me to go to them. i've considered introducing a call out charge but i don't think my clients will be happy with that.

any thoughts?

I use a combination of facebook and clasified sites ,
you need to set up a facebook page first , you have to advertise as much as you can ,
Find local classified add sites put up adverts , and run prize draws on the sites to drive peoplke through to your facebook page , and on facebook look for other pages in your area like for sale facebook pages ect, join and post some info and get them to come to your page to ,

this is basicly how i do it , you will also need to keep that relationship open with your facebook folowers , message tips , spare apointments , offers , photos , news product info , ect ,,, this keeps you in peoples minds and will help you to gain clients , fast ,
this is my combanation it works for me , when i moved her last december i did this and had enough clients each day after about a week ,
you can see my facebook page here ; Lil Miss Buff It - Local business - Kaiserslautern, Germany | Facebook

good luck x

Hiya, I have just done the exact same.

Most of my clients have followed me to my home salon. I explained to them I was willing to do any appointments booked at the time when I was still
Mobile at their house however the next appointment will be at my home based salon due to all equipment being set up at my house and winter weather possibly preventing me from reaching them. Most are fine with this. Not sure if this help much but thought I might like to know xx

Hi, I work from home doing spray tanning & semi perm lash extensions,
I can't drive or don't have a car so mobile is a no no for me.
I've had lady's say well can you still come to me? Ermm ok I'll trek down to you with a beauty couch on my back & my spray gun tied round my waist shall I?
Some people are off there heads lol

I don't even have a home salon as such.. It's just a spare bedroom in my 2 bed flat with my equipment in. Nothing fancy at all, it's just small but clean & tidy. It'll do lol
I'll be driving by around may/June time next year once I've saved up my penny's for a car x

If I were you though I'd just send a message to each client saying I'm working from home - end of! Don't explain yourself. Most people are happy enough to toddle down to a high street salon.. so why not you!
Good luck xx

I think it's a balance. You will lose some clients: they've chosen a mobile because it suits them and that's what they'll want to stick with. You have to hope that some will come with you because they like you and then accept that you will have to build the rest of the business by advertising as people have said, which will require effort and take time. If it's what you want though, presumably it will be worth it.

Hi Hun

I've not been in the business long, just a few months, but recently I decided to take on a treatment room to cover all bases. However, I am finding that most people current and new, opt for me to go to them but I'm still new and only really just promoting my room, having only taken it on in the last few weeks though.

I think you get die hard mobile clients, ones that don't mind either way and others that will always want a static location. You may lose some, you may gain some, you may retain some.

I also think it depends on when they usually have their appointment, as in time of day although as it's your home salon I guess you get to set your hours. For me however, I am normal shop opening times, so for people that want evening appointments obviously need to use my mobile service. In saying that, one of my regular ladies has day time appointments but still wants to remain a mobile client.

I do think it very much depends on what type of service your client wants. I plan to do a launch of my treatment cabin (attached to a health shop) in January) inviting previous clients, current clients and anyone else I can drum up interest from. I'm hoping also to have the local MP launch it and try and get some press coverage (whether that comes off I don't know) but my point perhaps is for your new home salon could you do a little opening night? Nothing too elaborate, but just a nice introduction to your home salon. Sometimes people change their minds once they've experienced it.

A positive way to look at it, and I know you were referring to your current clients in your thread, is that you now attract another area of the market. Would you consider running both alongside one another?

Love n hugs xxx

cheers guy for your fantastic feed back :hug:

i think i'm going to run mobile alongside my home salon for my local clients (within 5 miles), but ask my clients who live further away to come to me. if they decide to go to another nail tech then thats fine. i'm also going to do a mail drop around my area and see if i can drum up some business that way. i've also donated a couple of treatment vouchers for charity raffles in my area so hopefully this will work.

fingers crossed x hopefully i'll be able to give up my day job next year and do beauty and nails full time

I don't know if you're considered it or if someone else made the suggestion since I haven't read all of the replies (very sorry).

But what if there was a slight decrease in prices for those that attend your salon for services? Since you won't have the cost of travel.
YES I do understand that there are costs to running a salon different from mobile (as I do work from home).
But perhaps as an incentive for the time being?
Or increase your mobile services prices since while on the road, you can't be available to treat a client (travel time=no work time).

The slight difference might be enough incentive for some.

I work from home (summerhouse), and mobile. I have a minimum spend of £25 for mobile clients. I also run special offers when things are a bit slow, but they only apply if the clients come to me. I find that 80% of clients come to me, the other 20% are die-hard mobile clients. I would lose them if I din't go to them.

It is possible for them to work together, if you impose a minimum spend, and drop mobile work to xx number of days a week, it gives you the best of both worlds.

In the mean time encourage people to come to you,like another poster said, have an open night. A few of my mobile clients have now 'converted' to salon clients, as they loved my salon so much, its just a case of getting them through the door in the qfirst place.

Good luck xx

I started off mobile and then got a summerhouse in my garden kitted out as a salon. I too, have the die hards but it is normally people who are elderly or disabled and can't really get out of the house easily. When somebody new rings me now though, they don't really get the option of me going to them, I ask them if they need directions to where I am and they then know that they are coming to me.

Latest posts

Back