How do I get the white gel to settle flat with gel enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellideb

Nails & Beauty
Reaction score
I use NSI gel for doing gel enhancements and when I do french I can nenevr get the white gel to lie flatand smooth like the pink does, you can see the ridges in it and no matter how gentle I tease it into place it never lies smoothly. You can then see these ridges and lines when you take the sheer pink over it after doing the 2nd done.

Is it the consistency of the white that's the problem? I use the 'body builder opaque white' It doesn't even matter whether the room is warm or cold it doesn't seem to affect the consistency like it does the other colours. How do you get your french gels looking nice and smooth using pink and white gel?

I've brought the brush on white too but that is applied at the end, over the pink so slightly different.

After you have done zones 2/3 in pink, and then zone 1 in white... Remove inhibition layer, then file/shape to finish with a 180, then do the finishing layer of gel?

After you have done zones 2/3 in pink, and then zone 1 in white... Remove inhibition layer, then file/shape to finish with a 180, then do the finishing layer of gel?

So are you saying that you do the pink 1st? Then the white?

So are you saying that you do the pink 1st? Then the white?

It doesn't matter if you want to do it normally, or in the reverse method... your choice! I just meant that to prevent having what looks like spots of Pink in Zone 1, you should cure, Zone Finish (by filing), and then apply your second coat.

If the white gel isn't self-leveling as much as you like, you could always try the NSI Builder in White (NSI Balance Builder Gels - Professional Nail Care Product). The Body Builders have a very thick consistency, and don't self level very much at all.

Steps for the "normal" way.

Prep, apply tips/forms and whatever you would usually do.

Start at Zone 1, sculpt with White. Cure

Sculpt Zones 2 & 3 with your pink (or clear) gel. Try to "butt" your pink up to the white. Only smooth over what you absolutely have to to reduce filing on Zone 1 later. Cure.

Remove inhibition layer.

You may see now that your nail is a little bumpy. Hopefully you will not see much pink in Zone 1.

File to finish as you usually would. Make sure the white, in your case, isn't lumpy. (This video is excellent Finishing Enhancement Techniques from CND - YouTube)

I don't know much about NSI, but at this point a top coat would be used... so Balance Finish, or Glaze 'n' Go?

Have you tried the paint on French white? Do your fist very thin layer of pink, then use this white (it goes on as thin as polish), then do your builder layer over the top (including the white), buff and shine. It's the best white I've ever used, really easy to use and really crisp smile lines. HTH.

Have you tried the paint on French white? Do your fist very thin layer of pink, then use this white (it goes on as thin as polish), then do your builder layer over the top (including the white), buff and shine. It's the best white I've ever used, really easy to use and really crisp smile lines. HTH.

I second this, plus I wouldn't put a pink over a white anyway as it wouldn't be crisp x

Go to the NSI site and go to the nail angel and watch Denise Wright's video on how to use that particular white. When I did my training with her she showed me this technique best way to describe is place swirl place swirl, you have to work it. It's well worth it as its such a crisp clean white :wink2:

I would love to hear your opinions on paint on white gel and sculpted white gel smiles. Thanks so much :)

Go to the NSI site and go to the nail angel and watch Denise Wright's video on how to use that particular white. When I did my training with her she showed me this technique best way to describe is place swirl place swirl, you have to work it. It's well worth it as its such a crisp clean white :wink2:

I'm from the States and a link would really help me put . Thanks so much:)

Latest posts

Back