How do you boost morale/motivate your staff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkSwoon

Reaction score
I'm struggling for ideas on how to motivate/keep up the morale of the team I lead in my 'day job'. Only thing coming to mind at the minute is doughnuts [emoji15] any ideas?

Doughnuts is good... Except for those on the new year diets lol! Why has morale dropped? Is there an issue you could take care of? They'd appreciate that more than doughnuts I think? Is it quieter at the mo or are people not getting on? Are they bored?

What is your day job and do you have any kind of budget?

I was hired with a friend to give a 15 minute version of Indian Head massage within an office and the employees loved it.

Is it worth having a get together to see if they have any issues you can solve xx

Have friendly competitions with prizes- increases sales/profits and gives people something to work towards/aim for x

Have you asked the team themselves?
Asking them and getting them involved in developing a scheme would probably be a good starting point.

It's January and dark and cold, so most people suffer a touch of the January blues during this month.

Can you inject some fake summer moments into their day to brighten things up?

We used to have office picnics on a Friday lunchtime occasionally with everyone contributing and reminiscing about previous summer holidays or where we'd live or what we'd do if we won the lottery etc. Several people were pretty good cooks so it made a change from boring cheese sarnies. Even the miserable types seemed to enjoy it.
Absolutely no work talk was allowed!

However, if morale is unusually low, you need to work out the root cause and work to resolve that.

Latest posts

Back