How do you drum up business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any unique, tried and tested ideas for generating business. This would be apart from discounting treatments and special offers.

February so far is looking really quiet and I know it will be fine and most of our clients don't book too far in advance. We have a February promotion which is a slow starter but how do you get clients through the door in quieter months without offering a shed load of discount?? :)

I just keep promoting myself. Thru facebook, on free ads, sharing my website link etc. Also word of mouth, tell anyone who'll listen!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just wondering if anyone had any unique, tried and tested ideas for generating business. This would be apart from discounting treatments and special offers.

February so far is looking really quiet and I know it will be fine and most of our clients don't book too far in advance. We have a February promotion which is a slow starter but how do you get clients through the door in quieter months without offering a shed load of discount?? :)

rebook them before they leave salon - really important

reinforce the belief that if customers don't book in advance they wont get an appointment

sell your services and yourself consistently

take a treatment you offer and revive it up - create interest in it

feb is coming - promote the life out of waxing

ive been unbelievably busy this January - totally amazing

but I started working on making sure January was busy back from the end of November

so you need to work wayyy in advance

How about last minute bookings, for example Wednesday is really quiet....anyone have any tried and tested tips for getting people to book in within a few days?

We use Facebook to promote offers for last minute appointments

You could collect the email addresses of your clients and notify of some specials you have created.
You could have a monthly specials notice you could send out.

You would have to be creative, and be wary of spamming, but if you let your clients know in advance, it can be very lucrative for business.

Thanks everyone. We already try to re-book clients before they leave and always have some kind of monthly special.
For last minute quiet days we have done the whole Facebook offer thing, but I don't want clients to hold back on booking and wait for special offers instead. Therefore I try to not get into the habit of doing this too much!
I guess it's very hard to encourage people to book in last minute without offering some kind of discount!

Latest posts

Back