How do you get people to like your Facebook page?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you can tag people in photos on your business page but only if they're already friends with you on your personal page and have liked your business page. You can't tag "Likers" that aren't friends with you or other Businesses (which is a bit of a pain but such is life!)

If you are managing to tag your clients Sarah22 then you must be friends with them on your personal profile as well as your business one or do you have a personal account set up as a business account rather than a business page? As I know a lot of people who have done that, set up a profile for their business rather than a page, which isn't actually allowed despite the features of that being better in some circumstances, such as tagging photo's and monitoring your "friends" as you have to authorise acceptance.

Hope that makes sense??

Aside from getting friends to like and share, really the best way is FB advertising. You can then really target potiental clients (age, location, gender etc). I do an advert every couple of months for two weeks or so (keeping a close eye on budget). It works and I always get new 'likes'.

The other thing that has really worked for me lately is I'm going to a very large pamper night which has solely been organised on FB. I write on the event page explaining my service/booking etc, and I've had 20 or so new likes this week so far.

It'll grow! I do agree that there isn't a heck of a lot of point in us all liking eachothers pages though....

I also have tried to take my likers on photos of my page and it won't let me. When I start typing the name it only comes up with other business pages and not peoples pages. Help

Aside from getting friends to like and share, really the best way is FB advertising. You can then really target potiental clients (age, location, gender etc). I do an advert every couple of months for two weeks or so (keeping a close eye on budget). It works and I always get new 'likes'.

The other thing that has really worked for me lately is I'm going to a very large pamper night which has solely been organised on FB. I write on the event page explaining my service/booking etc, and I've had 20 or so new likes this week so far.

It'll grow! I do agree that there isn't a heck of a lot of point in us all liking eachothers pages though....

Hi Eski, is it an event your organising or one someone else is organising and then you post on there event? xx

Yes you can tag people in photos on your business page but only if they're already friends with you on your personal page and have liked your business page. You can't tag "Likers" that aren't friends with you or other Businesses (which is a bit of a pain but such is life!)

If you are managing to tag your clients Sarah22 then you must be friends with them on your personal profile as well as your business one or do you have a personal account set up as a business account rather than a business page? As I know a lot of people who have done that, set up a profile for their business rather than a page, which isn't actually allowed despite the features of that being better in some circumstances, such as tagging photo's and monitoring your "friends" as you have to authorise acceptance.

Hope that makes sense??

Yes, I'm friends with them on my personal page, so that must be why it allows me to tag them on my business page :) xx

Hi Geeks I am so dumb ,,, but please help how do I set up separate page for my Business I've tried but failed as I already have personal one :////::Scared:

I'd love to know this too! I'v eposted on the Facebook thread here, Liked loads of pages on the thread and I only got 3 re-likes!
Ive promoted my Facebook page on my Personal facebook too, but I seem to be finding people are not actually that clever.
I say this:
"Please Like my New Facebook page to keep up to date with News and Sepcial offers (insert link here)"
Then they are clicking Like to my actual post on my Personal FB, NOT my page!! Doh...
I give up because I need 25 likes before I can get an acutal FB page username. I only have 10 likes :(

I had the same thing - I posted a link to my page, saying please like it, and I ended up with something like 45 people like the link, but not the actual page! :lol:

Hi Geeks I am so dumb ,,, but please help how do I set up separate page for my Business I've tried but failed as I already have personal one :////::Scared:

I have (I think!) attached a photo of the main sign in screen, and see down the bottom right corner where it says "Create a page for a celebrity, band or business" - go to that, and it's fairly step by step. You will be asked to sign in, and then just follow the steps. Hope that helped :)

Attachments

• fb.JPG
    fb.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 635
I like pages similar to people that would enjoy my products would also like. For instance I use NSI nail products, so I like the NSI page off my business page, and make a note of writing in their wall hello from your newest liker at "blah blah" and add a link. They in turn liked my page and even commented on one of my port photos. Which was a massive compliment. In return people on that page see yours. I like a lot of local mum run business pages as that is the clientele I am mainly focusing on. Mothers, that need affordable treatments that may not be able to make it to a salon. Also fashion pages, etc, but I ALWAYS write on the wall. Maybe run a fb competition, like get your friends to like the page on write on the wall that you sent them. The person who brings in the
Most likes gets a gift vouchar. Or something? One more thing I do, is after every appointment I send out a courtesy text saying "thank you for your custom, as always referrals and fb feedback are always appreciated, this limits cost of advertising so I can keep the same great prices for YOU!" not exact wording but yeah . My clients almost always write how happy they were and tag my business page or write on my wall. Hope that helps!

We upload lots and lots of photos, with good descriptions and links to our website. The only way people will hit like, is if there is lots of rich content on there that is been added to often, and they feel like they want to keep up with it. And of course they like the photos.

Plus advertise the link in your salon, website and tell everyone about it.
We might not be doing it 100% right, but seems to be working. As gettling a few likes every day.

Eye Candy Nails & Training - Nail salon, Beauty salon - Rotherham, United Kingdom | Facebook

Plus every like on our website, increases the facebook count. Takes a lot of effort, but well worth it, in the end.
Eye Candy Nails & Training - Home Page

Hope that helps and good luck!

I have given out vouchers to all my clients when they come in for treatments asking them to like the salon fbook page and once they do I will give them 10% off their next treatment. It's worked really well , loads of my clients have done it, and then off the back of that lots of new potential clients have liked it after seeing that their friend has liked it. X

I too am finding it hard work getting likes on my Facebook page, lots of my clients are not on Facebook as they are more mature ladies. I think I have 58 likes , but I find it almost demoralising (if that's the right word) when nobody interacts with my posts.
My page is The Tranquil Moment Health and Beauty Clinic if any one wants to take a look ? Feedback appreciated ! X

I am going to like all your pages one ladies xxx
But I'm very confused set up separate FB for jbeauty couture but still linked to my main page please like
Jacqueline storrie FB :lick:

Ladies sorry I'm really dumb with this FB malarkey lol, what FB details to I promote my personal one as my business page has been done by adding a page soooo confused/):(

Latest posts

Back