How do you know when to change the bulb?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
Can you advise,when do you know when to change the bulb in your UV lamp?Or should this been done on hours of use or a time scale?I have not noticed any change in cure time or problems with my gel nails.I have had the same bulbs in for a year now,or do they just blow?

If you aren't a busy tech then about 12 mnths is right, but if you are busy then about every 6 months. I know if mine are overdue because clients come back with lots of breakages and lifting and all sorts of problems that they have never normally have which is a pain.

not sure which lamp you are using but my brisa lamp (creative) has a light indicator on the back to let you know when the bulbs need replacing

i would say that if you notice problems with curing that could be a good indication !

let us know what lamp you are using and someone one here im sure will be able to advise you

kx

Can you advise,when do you know when to change the bulb in your UV lamp?Or should this been done on hours of use or a time scale?I have not noticed any change in cure time or problems with my gel nails.I have had the same bulbs in for a year now,or do they just blow?

EzFlow gel lamp bulbs should be replaced every 3000 hrs or around 6 months but if its another make lamp you need to talk to your supplier, they should give you the info you need.

Last edited:
Hi
The problem with not replacing you bulbs on a regular basis is that you don't know of any problem untill your clients come back complaining !!!!!

UV bulbs do not blow and even a bulb that is near the end of its life may 'appear ' to cure fine but it hasn't .They just gradually loose their power. One sign that they are running out of steam is when the end nearest the pins starts to look a llittle darker .

As Sassy said if you are not doing nails every day then a year is probaly fine .

I change my bulbs every 6 months on 1st June and 1st December each year .

I put a date sticker on the side of my lamp just to remind me when I last changed them ( getting bit forgetful now in my old age !!!):)

^don't worry, I also do that and I'm 22. just to sure I did change them, unless I could do it everyday "just to be sure"

so yeah, every 6 month for a busy tech, and then, later if you are not that busy. I wouldn't say "one year" because it really depends on how many time you use it a day/week/month.

Latest posts

Back