How do you mobile therapists advertise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
How do you mobile therapists advertise?
I have started up mobile and i'm finding so hard to get clients apart from my family and friends. I dont really have the money to be splahing out on leaflets as i have already put so much money into my equiptment and products.I'm just feeling like i'm not getting it back!
Any tips would b great! xx

me again .... lol do you have a computer ? if so get some done on that and print then put 3 to an A4 page print say 50 or however any ya like and put ya coat on drag ya mate out of bed and do a leaflet drop and try putting then in delis and local shops vist do cheap business cards where you only pay for posting they are good try them :) hths xx

i know exactly how you feel hun. i have been mobile for a year and have only recently got to the stage where i am working every day . .tho not all day yet . . .
do you have a printer at home or access to one? i print off my own flyers and and carefully select the areas i do .. . sometimes just little pockets of an area or estate . . .and i have to say the majority of my clients have come from doing this.
its a much cheaper option than the printers chick. and much more personalized , all my clients comment on my flyers.
worth a try chick. Hth. x

Flyers didn't work for me. Word of mouth and yell.com are my best adverts.

Do a few mates for a discounted price and get them to hand out your pricelists and business cards.

Word of mouth works for me too.

Thats a great tip ...not sure my m8 will b too happy ha ha Ive got some cards from vista print.I was a lil unsure about posting them though as i thought they r so small.Would people just put them in the bin without looking at them? O r do you find this works for you? x
Thanks for all your help!!!!

Do you know off hand how much yell.co. charge for this? x

Great idea thank you hun i will defo try this! xxx

There are loads of free ad sites on the internet, all you need to do is register with them, place your ad and bobs your uncle. I've had loads of clients from Gumtree (I do specify no men on gumtree to avoid any nuisance calls!). Classified ads on Ebay. There is a local newsletter that comes out once a month in my area, very cheap, it's worth looking into for your area. I put my business cards on every notice board I come across, local shops etc.
I do spray tanning and went round to local hairdressers/beauty shops that don't offer this service and asked if they would help by passing on my details to anyone enquiring about spray tanning. I also offered a free tan to the owner/manager or a member of staff so they could see for themselves what my service was like.
A lot of my custom is word of mouth, so get your friends/family shouting about it!
Hope that helps
K

Do you know off hand how much yell.co. charge for this? x

Yell.com are free for a genral listing online and in the yellow pages its self but if you want to add a website you have to pay for it. Vista also do other items for free once you have signed up and if you recive their emails they email all offers but I think the offers are listed on website. As with the business cards you just have to pay for postage.

This is what i did when i initially started out.
Yell.com the UK's local search engine - search for UK businesses , yelllow pages, thompson local all offer free advertising line to new businesses for a year...
go to vista print and have business cards printed.....one side contact details
reverse side..price list.
each client you get give them 5 business cards with their name written on and tell them if one of those cards comes back (ie new client books from being give a card) then they get a special treat...ie free enamel application etc etc.
that client comes give them 5 business cards with their name on and again tell them if a card comes back (someone has booked via them) they get a treat and so it goes on....each new client given 5 business cards to give out..........and that was how the majority of my clients came from...via this system.

If you advertise on yell.com do you have to put your address too? I am mobile and dont really want to advertise my address just my contact number?

If you advertise on yell.com do you have to put your address too? I am mobile and dont really want to advertise my address just my contact number?

If its a paid advert like a box advert or something no you dont have to put your full address you can do what I have done just put my road name and area with postcode no door number because like you I wasn't happy about having my home address published even though I have a home salon, however the free listings require you to put your full address including door number.

Thank you hun that was sooooo helpful.I have advertised on gum tree to and had a few replies.I say no men lol but they still try and ring you dont they! Now ts in capital letters.
I think it's a fab idea about the free tan to the salon owners.i had never even thought of this before because in a way not only are they doing you a favour by handing out your cards but they are your walking advert.Fab hun thank you so much,i will defo try this! xxx

You guys r gr8!!!!!!
The 5 business cards is a fab idea!
Thanks for all your tips!! xxx

Latest posts

Back