How do you promote spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyqueenxx

Reaction score
Heyyy!
Just wondering if anyone can share any of their tanning slogans etc.. Really struggling to promote @ the minute, any help would b greatly appreciated :) xx

Guess it depends on the tanning brand you use... I just use their slogans to be honest :) But then Nouvatan do have some cool posters which I'm planning on buying with my next order :)

You can always utilise events on.
I'd use the Olympics and how many gold we got and say now time for some bronze. Play with some words and something will fall in place using titles of your tans and the brand you use.

Guess it depends on the tanning brand you use... I just use their slogans to be honest :) But then Nouvatan do have some cool posters which I'm planning on buying with my next order :)

I've just got 2 Nouvatan posters delivered. they are really nice! They make my treatment room look great. x

Thanks everyone. I use xen tan and sunless solutions. I want a catchy line to put on my Facebook page without it sounding cheesy!lol! X

Thanks everyone. I use xen tan and sunless solutions. I want a catchy line to put on my Facebook page without it sounding cheesy!lol! X

surely use the branding/posters supplied by the manufacturer?

additionally
wear it yourself
ask people who have it to tell their friends
offer a loyalty discount to those who do
get testimonials/photos for your web page/facebook

Out of interest why two brands?

I started with xen tan and changed to sunless solutions but still have XenTan to use up

I dont have a salon, Infact I work for a leading skin care brand, I do tanning in my own time so it's not like I can stick posters anywhere

I dont have a salon, Infact I work for a leading skin care brand, I do tanning in my own time so it's not like I can stick posters anywhere

Are you mobile? Sign on your car, leaflets up in shop windows, leaflets through doors.. Just to name a few x x

As a mobile therapist it can be difficult to promote your business as well as the products you are using. You have already been given some good advice and it really comes down to wahat works well in your geographical location. I find what has worked well in the past is to network with other businesses in the beauty industry. for instance if you have a friend or acquaintance the does massages or nails or hair or any other treatment that you dont offer or who wont see you as competition you can pass business cards along to your clients if she will do the same for you?

Get some of those magnetic signs for your car and keep them on wherever you go. ( check with your clients though if they want the whole neighborhood to know that they are getting a tan) I have many clients that dont want it advertised that they are getting a fake tan.

Go to all the local wedding or bridal shops,ask if you can leave some leaflets or business cards for their brides to be to take home, the same with florists and wedding venues. Offer your hairdresser a good discount if she will advertise how fabulous the tan looks and hand out your cards to her clients, have a word with local travel agents, personal trainers, dance schools.The list is endless

Have a look on this thread for more excellent ideas

http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/83160-more-ways-promote-your-business.html

all these ideas can be tailored to different treatments.

This is part of how I advertised mine ready for the bank holiday 'Nouvatan, guaranteed no more orange and no looking like you've just walked of the set of TOWIE! Natural is the only way'

Latest posts

Back