How does this look? Advice greatly appreciated!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magentatears

Unicorn!
Reaction score
How does this look for a blended tip? I got frustrated and ive thrown away about 5 nails... any tips would be appriciated x
e9cec883cba3925b18827cb5cf5a8f23.jpg

They look a lot better than the pink and white gel ones I've just done! It looks so easy when the pro's do it. I guess it's just practice, practice, and practice some more. At least you put yours up for scrutiny, I think I'll put mine in the bin! :lol:

This is just a blended tip. But i have so much appriciation for those who do this full time... ive thrown a few nails in the bin... its going to a looooot of practice indeed 😂

47ab00e53a9d8f5da912d9d42e96017f.jpg
getting there... ive blended the one on the middle finger a bit more since pic.....

Are these full well tips? They look like it. If they are- why not try half well or welless? Much easier! I hate full well tips! X

They are what come with the course im on lol x

Stupid question time! What is the difference with full well tips? I dont blend my tips and was wondering why others do and what are the differences. I just use the ones i trained with and was never shown to blend?

They are what come with the course im on lol x

Just because the come with the course, doesn't mean they can't be tailored to fit and trimmed in the well area. You will probably be taught later in the course but the more natural nail you can expose to product (L&P or gel) the better adhesion you will get, therefore you want as little tip as possible on the natural nail.

Try searching on here for 'trimming tip well' or on google you should find some instructions on how to do it. It will reduce the amount of tip you need to blend off and therefore time and money.

Just because the come with the course, doesn't mean they can't be tailored to fit and trimmed in the well area. You will probably be taught later in the course but the more natural nail you can expose to product (L&P or gel) the better adhesion you will get, therefore you want as little tip as possible on the natural nail.

Try searching on here for 'trimming tip well' or on google you should find some instructions on how to do it. It will reduce the amount of tip you need to blend off and therefore time and money.

thank you hun. ive not really have a chance to do much of the course as ive been busy with work, etc so this will be handy to know! i will go look! :)

Stupid question time! What is the difference with full well tips? I dont blend my tips and was wondering why others do and what are the differences. I just use the ones i trained with and was never shown to blend?

to be honest - i trained in acrylics about 10yrs ago and i was taught how to blend full well tips, so being asked to do them on this course was nothing new to me - im guessing half well tips etc must of come in after i did my acrylic training all those years ago! :lick: so i have no idea lol!

Ive started the gel application. May not be the smoothest but im enjoying it lol
a93714549a3b5cb6a10bd5efb7866c67.jpg

Latest posts

Back