How long between gel infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VillageNails

Reaction score
listened to the calgel demo at excel and love the coloured ranges - so calgel users (and all the others)- how long between infills??? gary was talking up to 6 weeks - is this really the case.
just wondering if i should dump the l/p and get on a gel course pdq:green:

I think 6 weeks is too long....I do have some clients who wait 6 weeks but to be honest I would prefer they came sooner. There nails are out of balance and require more work than a 3 week fill.

I don't think this is just a gel thing though....any enhancements applied well and looked after could last 6 weeks.

I think 6 weeks is very optimistic for the majority of clients ! It really does depend on your individual client and how they look after/wear their nails and their lifestyle !

The vast majority of mine are 3 weekers, I have some brilliant clients who could just go on and on and probably grow them out if they chose ! It really comes down to the individual everytime.

Also if you were to convert your l+p clients you could find that they are used to a harder enhancement and may take a bit of adjusting to this option - not that it cant be done.

It is a lovely gel, Im very happy with it on most clients and if it suits them they are very loyal.

Hiya Tracy

I use Bio Sculpture, which is very similar to Calgel as you most probably know.

Anyways, I request all my clients who wish to maintain their gels, to make their in-fill appointments 2-3 weeks after initial application.

I use Calgel and do have a few clients who have gone 6 weeks (one left it for 8 weeks!) but most come every 3-4 weeks. It really depends on how much aftercare they do at home.

I've had a few clients return after 5-6 weeks for a fill, but they've been in the minority. They are "ladies wot lunch" and do nothing, basically, but take care of themselves.

Your average client is much better advised to come in at 2.5 - 3 weekly intervals.

Angie, I guess you're probably charging more for a 6 week fill than a 3?

i use calgel and do roughly 2 to 3 weeks, i LOVE the stuff, REALLY strong and no lifting, also brilliant customer service

I use Calgel and its my no 1....most of my clients on average go 3 weeks/4 weeks. Depends on how fussy clients are re - regrowth. Its a superb product and the customer service is just excellent. xx oh and the new window/car stickers from Calgel are superb. xx

Last edited:
eh car stickers, where can i get them !?

thanks everso geeks - good replies - just need to save up now to go on a course
xx

Latest posts

Back