How long do you give your clients for grace period?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurengriffin28

Reaction score
Just wondered what all you ladies do,once you've left a client how long do you stay responsible for any breakages/falling off etc...grace period as they say xx

Hi hun, I say 3 days. After that they are their responsibility xxx

Hey hun thank you that's what I was thinking but because I've only just started im curious what's the normal time people would give,,thing is how do you tell a client you won't do anything after that and something happens just a day after the period just stand firm I suppose (which I'm a softy) lol xx

Hey hun thank you that's what I was thinking but because I've only just started im curious what's the normal time people would give,,thing is how do you tell a client you won't do anything after that and something happens just a day after the period just stand firm I suppose (which I'm a softy) lol xx

Yeah I stand firm unless you can see why it's come off. You tend to get a feel for the genuine clients and the ones who want something for free. I hand all of my clients an after sheet and on the consultation form they sign acknowledging that any mishaps, infills or maintenence after 3 days is there responsiblity and I read it to them so they are aware from the start.

Clients have a tendancy to not look after their nail enhancements and the pop up shops ( such as nail bars dont help) i have had clients complain that their nails have only lasted 2 weeks before they need work (this is normal dont worry) and its all because they are used to mma acrylic which is illegal here.

xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I stand firm unless you can see why it's come off. You tend to get a feel for the genuine clients and the ones who want something for free. I hand all of my clients an after sheet and on the consultation form they sign acknowledging that any mishaps, infills or maintenence after 3 days is there responsiblity and I read it to them so they are aware from the start.

Clients have a tendancy to not look after their nail enhancements and the pop up shops ( such as nail bars dont help) i have had clients complain that their nails have only lasted 2 weeks before they need work (this is normal dont worry) and its all because they are used to mma acrylic which is illegal here.

xxx
Oh yes I know these nail salons!! Ive had clients that I've told will need infills maybe in 2 weeks (depending on growth etc) and they've said to me well in the salon they last me 4/5 weeks :( that's good idea with forms to sign at least then we will both know were we stand :) thank you for the great advice hun xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Clients have a tendancy to not look after their nail enhancements and the pop up shops ( such as chinese nail bars dont help) i have had clients complain that their nails have only lasted 2 weeks before they need work (this is normal dont worry) and its all because they are used to mma acrylic which is illegal here.

xxx
I am hoping eventually ill get a feel for them sort of clients at the moment I think I'm being a soft touch,can I ask what are tell tale signs on nails tht someone may have picked/fiddled with their enhancements x

Check the cuticle walls for signs of picking and nibbling. You will find little chips around the edges. Check under the free edge for actual teeth marks. Yes clients really do nibble them!!

I also pay special attention to the client. These signs are things you should look out for in your client because then can be signs that your client is in distress or anxious about something. Best thing to do is ask are you alright. I have had a few like this and I give them a hand massage and ask the client to close their eyes and relax whilst I do it. That can work wonders for them.

Oooo also if their polish has come away in places or their nail enhancement is different, lost its shine etc then it could show that they are not wearing gloves. Had an argument once with a cleaner who told my nails were crap but when looked she was using industrial cleaners without rubber gloves and of course was melting the nail system cxxc5

Check the cuticle walls for signs of picking and nibbling. You will find little chips around the edges. Check under the free edge for actual teeth marks. Yes clients really do nibble them!!

I also pay special attention to the client. These signs are things you should look out for in your client because then can be signs that your client is in distress or anxious about something. Best thing to do is ask are you alright. I have had a few like this and I give them a hand massage and ask the client to close their eyes and relax whilst I do it. That can work wonders for them.

Oooo also if their polish has come away in places or their nail enhancement is different, lost its shine etc then it could show that they are not wearing gloves. Had an argument once with a cleaner who told my nails were crap but when looked she was using industrial cleaners without rubber gloves and of course was melting the nail system cxxc5
I am half asleep, baby has just gone to sleep yay!!! Sorry for the terrible writing and grammar xxxx

I am half asleep, baby has just gone to sleep yay!!! Sorry for the terrible writing and grammar xxxx
Lol that's ok my 6month old finally gone down,I didn't even notice the mistakes well the photo I got showed of one client saying they "fell off" I could see a lot of white on the nail plate like look rough from what I could make out xx

Omg seriously industrial cleaning without gloves oh dear what did she think would happen xx

Omg seriously industrial cleaning without gloves oh dear what did she think would happen xx
Pass I was more grossed out when admitted to not using gloves when cleaning the loos. I mean seriously! Eww! !! :confused: xxx

Pass I was more grossed out when admitted to not using gloves when cleaning the loos. I mean seriously! Eww! !! :confused: xxx
Oh no!!! Thts just ewww... them poor enhancements never knew what hit them lol xx

Clients have a tendancy to not look after their nail enhancements and the pop up shops ( such as chinese nail bars dont help) i have had clients complain that their nails have only lasted 2 weeks before they need work (this is normal dont worry) and its all because they are used to mma acrylic which is illegal here.

xxx
I had the same! A client complained that after 3 weeks her nails had lifted and started coming off.. My answer was yes because after 2 weeks you should be having regular in fills! Some people just want everything for nothing!

Tbh I've been doing nails for that long that I don't offer a grace period - as I know there's nothing wrong with the nails I apply. The consultation card the clients sign states that they added responsible for any breakages/damage & includes aftercare to follow. I can tell if someone has banged, nibble or bitten one off. I do include 2 free repairs during an infill but not a nail replacement they are charged for. I have one client for example that bites off at least two nails on every bi weekly infill appointment, if I did these for free at every infill app id be loosing £216 a year!

I had the same! A client complained that after 3 weeks her nails had lifted and started coming off.. My answer was yes because after 2 weeks you should be having regular in fills! Some people just want everything for nothing!
I get that! I've had clients that have moaned at me for saying that infills really are due 2 weekly (normally always exceptions) I find it hard to stay firm that's my problem

Tbh I've been doing nails for that long that I don't offer a grace period - as I know there's nothing wrong with the nails I apply. The consultation card the clients sign states that they added responsible for any breakages/damage & includes aftercare to follow. I can tell if someone has banged, nibble or bitten one off. I do include 2 free repairs during an infill but not a nail replacement they are charged for. I have one client for example that bites off at least two nails on every bi weekly infill appointment, if I did these for free at every infill app id be loosing £216 a year!
I just wanted to know if it's a normal thing to offer things like that as I'm new I feel like I'm getting taken advantage of a bit ie had client who was a nail biter as she admitted it lol start a argument with me demanding I fix her nail that had apparently "dropped off" and I felt so bad didn't want bad publicity so I gave in and fixed it :( but being mobile my petrol etc I ended up out of pocket xx

I don't really officially offer a grace period. The after care sheet I give all of my clients states clearly that ALL repairs are chargeable. Having said that, if they contact me with a problem within the first 24 hours (extremely rare!) I do repair for free. For my clients that I know really well and know they wouldn't have deliberately caused damage, I will sometimes extend this to 48 hours. After that their nails are entirely their responsibility.

I don't really officially offer a grace period. The after care sheet I give all of my clients states clearly that ALL repairs are chargeable. Having said that, if they contact me with a problem within the first 24 hours (extremely rare!) I do repair for free. For my clients that I know really well and know they wouldn't have deliberately caused damage, I will sometimes extend this to 48 hours. After that their nails are entirely their responsibility.
I've never been contacted first 24/48 hours later I've had 5 days later xx

Thnk you all for the advice ☺ it's just hard to think of a set period as soon as you leave how do you know how clients taking care of them you don't xx

Thnk you all for the advice ☺ it's just hard to think of a set period as soon as you leave how do you know how clients taking care of them you don't xx

You can usually see when a nail has been picked/nibbled off and eventually you will know your clients well enough to know when there is a genuine problem. I give everyone the same information - ALL repairs are chargeable. It's then entirely at my digression whether I give it for free or not. It's VERY rare that I repair for free. I do feel quite lucky that the majority of my clients really do take care for their nails and are usually very honest about how any damage has occurred. When they say "That one just came off", I know them well enough now to say "Did it perhaps have a little help?" and they usually say yes!

Latest posts

Back