How long do you keep half-used tubes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trashqueen

Reaction score
I've been having a good tidy of the stock cupboard today and pondered on this.

How long do you keep those half used tubes? I chucked a bunch today. There's just a few colours that arent all that popular and I often ending up reaching for a mew tube anyway. Think I need a better system!

Very rarely. I see it as the equivalent of throwing cash away. :eek:

Just stock fewer tubes and learn to mix the colours you want rather than buying lots of indivdual tubes. I love mixing up different formulas. :)

Also, you can use the really old stock for practising colouring techniques on a dolls head.

Very rarely. I see it as the equivalent of throwing cash away. :eek:

Just stock fewer tubes and learn to mix the colours you want rather than buying lots of indivdual tubes. I love mixing up different formulas. :)

Also, you can use the really old stock for practising colouring techniques on a dolls head.

I do mix up, but some colours just have to be purchased rather than created myself. I don't keep a lot of stock and I don't throw away loads, but I suppose I'm curious about how long people keep a tube before disposing.

But great ideaabout using on a mannequin!!

Once a color tube is opened you need to use it within 2 years, the first inch or so might turn darker just dump that out as it's oxidized.
Unopened tubes last 5 years.
I keep tubes in the box and put the box on top, that way the stylists needs to use the top one first which help curb waste.

Latest posts

Back