How long do your studs, pearls, gems etc last on gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi guys was just wondering of you had any tips on how to get 3d nail art bits to last on your gel polish, I see lots is nice nails on the net but am reluctant to say that they will last the distance so clients don't have then. X

Usually at least a week and up to 2 depending what it is (the bigger ones tends to fall off faster than the smaller crystals). Usually mine start falling off after a week or so because I starting picking at them (and because I never wear gloves when cleaning etc).

I do base cure, colour cure, colour place gems and lightly press down to get them embedded, cure, top coat - putting a bit extra around/over the gems and giving it a second to pool then cure.

I have used the CND glue too before (can't remember the name of it- it's a browny bronze tube) and those gems weren't going anywhere.

mine have lasted 3 weeks this time just had to file them off! ! I top coated put studs on and cured and did another top coat! worked cos didn't budge and I'm really heavy handed! always wear gloves tho I have to say! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Great thanks for the tips guys! Going to order some more bits now and experiment xx

Latest posts

Back