How long does college uniform and kit take?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Starting a nail technology course on the 14th and I haven't recieved the form yet to order. How long does it usually take to come?

Xx

Probably better to ask the college, they'll know better than we will

As @Trinity says, check with your college. Each college has its own requirements so sometimes you’re expected to order from a preferred supplier and at other times, the colleges organise the supplies themselves and you pay them.

You may not receive the order form until the start of your course / enrolment day.
If you get the opportunity to try on the tunic sizes then do so - you'll be amazed how far out the sizing can be with some of the companies. I've known size 10 students be in a size 16 to fit. Just cut out the label if it bothers you!

If you have no uniform for your first day then go in black trousers, flat black shoes (closed in heel & toe), short sleeved black t shirt, hair up and make up on. That's the usual for most places.

Also, kits.... these are often delivered from the wholesaler straight to the college to be given out at the start of the course. They bring all kits for all courses on one massive lorry.

Ah she said she would send it out last Friday and ive still not recieved anything trying to get in contact with her but can never get through.

Dont even know much about the course what time it starts or where to go or even the cost of the kit or uniform. I've paid for the course but that's about it. Are all colleges like this?

Ah she said she would send it out last Friday and ive still not recieved anything trying to get in contact with her but can never get through.

Dont even know much about the course what time it starts or where to go or even the cost of the kit or uniform. I've paid for the course but that's about it. Are all colleges like this?

No, Colleges aren't all like this.
You might be best to go in to college and turn up at their staff room one lunchtime or 4 / 5 pm ish. If the forms are there then you will be able to take one away with you. The fact that you haven't had a letter with your course information makes me think its not starting yet. If it is a short part time course, then these don't run to normal term weeks. The full time one year courses all start together at the beginning of September and run to June.

What sort of course have you signed up for? How many week & hours is it?

Sometimes courses can be delayed for a number of reasons:
  • Not enough people have signed up to run it
  • Teacher not available
  • Salon space not available
  • Not approved by college management to run yet (funding from government has to be confirmed)

Latest posts

Back