How long does it take you-full set?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still training in acrylics and it takes me around 2 hours with tips, but no polish. I haven't done gel polish yet, but if I did gel colour on top of acrylic do I still need 2 colour coats and top coat. And how long should this application take?
Thanks

It depends on the colour as some gel polish colours are thinner then others. For example a pastel colour may need 2 coats but a dark colour may need just one coat. I take 30mins to apply gel polish and 1 hour 30 mins for acrylics with gel polish

I get an extra 5 mins to book in to do gel polish over the top, which means I have to work quicker to fit this In.

I'm quicker with gel extensions usually, I can do white tips in 45-50 mins, so long as they haven't got 3" of cuticle to sort out haha.

Laura xx

Hi,
I train on the moment for the exam for cnd level 2. We get 2,5 hours for a french ( no gel finish) i hope i will manage this over 6 weeks..I am almost there :p
But really nervous already..

1,5 hour is a dream for me...:D

Loussie

Sent from my HUAWEI G525-U00 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,
I train on the moment for the exam for cnd level 2. We get 2,5 hours for a french ( no gel finish) i hope i will manage this over 6 weeks..I am almost there :p
But really nervous already..

1,5 hour is a dream for me...:D

Loussie

Sent from my HUAWEI G525-U00 using SalonGeek mobile app

You'll get there it's taken me years to get to a full set in an hour

I don't get many tip & l & p bookings, mainly gelish manicures. But had a lady with bitten nails the other day. Took me an hour and half to do plus half hour for gelish over the top. I wish I could get the timing down but that's my best at the moment. :)

I'm currently training and it takes me 2 hr for sculped acrylic ... I'm hoping I will get my time down too at least 1.5hr soon x

Gosh how do you do gelish in just 30mins! It takes me that just to apply the gelish! ! I need to get quicker! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

That's without nail art though. Prep takes about 10 mins, then application is 15 mins and 5 mins for wiping away sticky reside and cuticle oil.

That's without nail art though. Prep takes about 10 mins, then application is 15 mins and 5 mins for wiping away sticky reside and cuticle oil.

Oh good wish I could do it quicker! Maybe I should break my times down. Just cant get quicker takes me about 45 mins.but 30 of that is my application! I must be a slow applicator ha ha! X

I have been qualifie since sept 2013 & it takes me 1.5 hours or 2 hours if nail art is wanted

Oh good wish I could do it quicker! Maybe I should break my times down. Just cant get quicker takes me about 45 mins.but 30 of that is my application! I must be a slow applicator ha ha! X

It all depends on how you paint the polish, i do mine in 3 strokes along the nail bed and one along the free edge. 2-3 coats if the colour is thin.

It all depends on how you paint the polish, i do mine in 3 strokes along the nail bed and one along the free edge. 2-3 coats if the colour is thin.

Great thanks for your help sorry jumping in about that! I do mine in 3 and then do free edge but sometimes maybe I don't have enough on my brush so I go back in.thats maybe slowing me down.also I think im a bit obsessed with sealing the free edge.i try to sweep the free edge do u? But then im paranoid that I haven't sealed it all properly! So I go over it again.think im too faffy! X

Great thanks for your help sorry jumping in about that! I do mine in 3 and then do free edge but sometimes maybe I don't have enough on my brush so I go back in.thats maybe slowing me down.also I think im a bit obsessed with sealing the free edge.i try to sweep the free edge do u? But then im paranoid that I haven't sealed it all properly! So I go over it again.think im too faffy! When I say sweep sorry I mean like go down to free edge and down and round if you get me! X

Great thanks for your help sorry jumping in about that! I do mine in 3 and then do free edge but sometimes maybe I don't have enough on my brush so I go back in.thats maybe slowing me down.also I think im a bit obsessed with sealing the free edge.i try to sweep the free edge do u? But then im paranoid that I haven't sealed it all properly! So I go over it again.think im too faffy! X

Don't panic if you've sealed it once that should be sufficient. I seal mine just before the hand goes in the lamp so I know it hasn't retracted away from the free edge x

Don't panic if you've sealed it once that should be sufficient. I seal mine just before the hand goes in the lamp so I know it hasn't retracted away from the free edge x

Ok brilliant thank you for that.sorry again to jump in about something else! Xx

It's fine we all have questions and answers it's why we are here :)

My first ever nail extensions were applied 18 years ago in a NSS in Florida. ( I didn't know any better, way back then)
The tech took 35 mins for a full set of l&p extensions including polish, but it took 3 months for my nails to recover when they came off 😡
Fastest isn't always the best, but your time will decrease with experience and practice.
Good luck

I take 2 hours, I've had people change their mind about booking with me as they think it should only take 45min :(

My first ever nail extensions were applied 18 years ago in a NSS in Florida. ( I didn't know any better, way back then)
The tech took 35 mins for a full set of l&p extensions including polish, but it took 3 months for my nails to recover when they came off 😡
Fastest isn't always the best, but your time will decrease with experience and practice.
Good luck

Unfortunately clients only want fast, I've had clients drop off because of the time I take, forget the fact I'm looking after their nails!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I take 2 hours, I've had people change their mind about booking with me as they think it should only take 45min :(

My clients say they can't spend 2 hours doing their nails, they want quick in & out.

They don't realise we clean cuticles thoroughly, apply everything in the cirect way etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back