How long does it take you to do Rockstar Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pen09

Reaction score
This maybe a silly question, but it takes me roughly 45 minutes to an hour. Thats from doing the PEP right through to colour, glitter and two top coats. Is this about right? I do worry that I take too long. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

This maybe a silly question, but it takes me roughly 45 minutes to an hour. Thats from doing the PEP right through to colour, glitter and two top coats. Is this about right? I do worry that I take too long. X

Everyone's different so I wouldn't worry too much.
Takes me no longer than a plain colour. (30mins) I only use one colour coat for glitter though xx
Xx

Thanks cheekychick. May try one coat and see what its like. Does it still make it really smooth or can you feel the glitter through it hun x

Hi pen09
Take a look at the thread mega mix, as with this gel polish you can mix the glitter, additives and normal polish in with the mega mix gel so it cuts down on time,mess, glitter and top coat. It's brill, this is a set I done yesterday the toes are mega mix with glitter mixed in 2 x coats then 1 top coat. Nails are mega mix with normal orly polish mixed in x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394459697.714248.jpg

Thanks cheekychick. May try one coat and see what its like. Does it still make it really smooth or can you feel the glitter through it hun x

I use gelish now but when I did shellac here is what I did:
Base coat, cure
1 colour coat (similar to glitter colour) cure
Burnish glitter into tacky layer.
(If the glitter doesn't completely cover then do 1 coat of clearly pink over the glitter, cure
Burnish more glitter in)
Topcoat, cure.

If the glitter is chunky or seems like it will be rough I used to put a coat of either clearly pink or zillionaire over the glitter later and then topcoat. As it saves time when soaking off and saves you wasting topcoat.

Hope my waffling makes sense haha xx

Natlaw they look beautiful, such a gorgeous colour. Shall take a look at Megamix. Thanks so much for your reply x

What a good idea cheekychick. Shall give that a try hun. No ones ever complained that I take too long, think its just me panicking once again and doubting myself. I'm doing the Art & style course this month, so I'll see how they do it. Probably doesn't help that I'm also doing two coats of the colour when some only need one. Thanks so much for taking time out to reply both of you x

Clearly pink is a lifesaver when it comes to removing rockstars I used to use two topcoats which took forever to remove!

Thanks so much for the advice. Shall start using clearly pink then the topcoat. X

Latest posts

Back