How long does OPI GelColour last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have lots of OPI Colorgel I’ve hardly used, do you know if they can still be used if opened about 3 years ago? Thanks

I have never worked with OPI, but I would guess since they where opened and it’s been three years I would consider replacing them. You should contact the distributor and ask what the life expectancy is of their products once opened. But as a rule I always replace something if it hasn’t been used for the past 2 years if opened. But the brand will tell you.

There is symbol on back of bottle with number inside symbol that look like a container. this is say how long product expires. I check my GelColor but my eyes are not good on small letters but I think it says 16M so this means 16 months is how long before it expire. If you have them open for longer than 16 month it is expired products. I never have a color last so long but it is for safety they put this information. If you use product still it maybe not hold as good or start breaking down if it passes expiry time but I never used such old open gel before so I do not know what can happen.
there also a website to check when product is made to see how old from serial number on product.
http://www.checkfresh.com/opi.html

Attachments

• F3346B26-556A-453B-AA8B-AF53E4C36585.jpeg
    F3346B26-556A-453B-AA8B-AF53E4C36585.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I have a few gelcolors that are past exp date and there isn’t any issue with them except that you’ll need to shake them a lot

Latest posts

Back