How long for your business to take off ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I starting renting my room in July 12, it took me about 2 months to refurbish it.. coz i was painting etc all by myself and had to get my own furniture and equipment.
Had my first client in Sept and its still really really slow... but i have a few regulars coming back and quite a few gift vouchers bought before Xmas.
2013 is going to be my business building year! :D

MS
xxx

Oh good luck with that, let us know how you get on :)

Thanks for all your replies I am still working away.
I have attended some Christmas Fayres and also hosted my own pamper evening at my little boys Nursery.
I have had some more new clients so slowly but surely I am getting there. I have my own Facebook page, website and I also donated a load of Gift Vouchers to my local schools as raffle prizes, I have had 2 clients so far this month from this alone so well worth doing. I will be donating some more for the summer fayres that will be coming up.
Is there anyone else in Nottingham that is finding business slow that are only in the infancy stage of business set up, would be interested to see if other Techs in my local area are having the same issues.
Stay Positive everyone xx

I set up in November 2012 full time (redundancy forced the decision upon me really!). It's slow but it's getting there and I agree with the other posts I'm thinking it's going to take at least 1-2years to really get going.

I have been using any free time I have to follow the fantastic advice on here about marketing and doing fb page etc.

The thing i've done this week which has got me lots of bookings is asking for models. I personally need lots of before and after photos for my website for the inchloss treatments so I have offered half price treatments providing I can use the photos. Although the price has been dropped I have 7 new clients booked in that will all need 4 sessions, I'll have photos to use and I'm hoping that they will be then spreading the word about the treatment and getting me new clients.

Good luck with it though. I have to say how much I appreciate Salon Geek for inspirational advice, as I know I've had the odd day when I think "what am I doing?!"

Lauren x

I set up in November 2012 full time (redundancy forced the decision upon me really!). It's slow but it's getting there and I agree with the other posts I'm thinking it's going to take at least 1-2years to really get going.

The thing i've done this week which has got me lots of bookings is asking for models. I personally need lots of before and after photos for my website for the inchloss treatments so I have offered half price treatments providing I can use the photos. Although the price has been dropped I have 7 new clients booked in that will all need 4 sessions, I'll have photos to use and I'm hoping that they will be then spreading the word about the treatment and getting me new clients.
Lauren x

Hi Lauren,
Sorry to hear about the redundancy, but that's a fab idea about the models!!!
I might have to give that a go! :)

Hi Lauren,
Sorry to hear about the redundancy, but that's a fab idea about the models!!!
I might have to give that a go! :)

Highly recommend doing it, I've had people messaging me asking if I still need some as their friends/sister/mum wants it done to. I think i'm going to keep it going for a few weeks, as although I'm only charging half price I think it's worth it for getting the client base up and they are spreading the word. Also one way of thinking about it is that you are still getting more money in than before those 8/9 people booked in
:lol:

Latest posts

Back