How long should I wait for no show?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolled Up!

Reaction score
Client due at 3, now 3.30, no call, no message! Next appointment due at 5 and I really need 2 hours for what she wanted doing. What should I do if she turns up?? Help!

Tell her you will have to a) reduce her treatment or b) she will have to rebook. I hope you called her and left a message? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tell her you will have to a) reduce her treatment or b) she will have to rebook. I hope you called her and left a message? x

Yes I have and no answer, what do people get out of being so rude!

I usually wait between 10-15 minutes this includes trying to ring them, after which I cancel the appointment and take any walk in client.

If they turn up I tell them they are late, I've had to cancel the appointment as I have other bookings.Then it's up to me if I offer them the treatment at full price but reducing the appointment time to fit in my diary.

Not many people complain after turning up late. In case of no shows the next time they ring to book I tell them due to last time them not showing up I will need them to pay upfront full cost of treatment in order for me to rebook as it costs my salon money to have no shows.

Have wasted a lot of time on people who give no consideration to your time and business. Be firm and do what you need to do!

Hope this helps!

Xx

I usually wait between 10-15 minutes this includes trying to ring them, after which I cancel the appointment and take any walk in client.

If they turn up I tell them they are late, I've had to cancel the appointment as I have other bookings.Then it's up to me if I offer them the treatment at full price but reducing the appointment time to fit in my diary.

Not many people complain after turning up late. In case of no shows the next time they ring to book I tell them due to last time them not showing up I will need them to pay upfront full cost of treatment in order for me to rebook as it costs my salon money to have no shows.

Have wasted a lot of time on people who give no consideration to your time and business. Be firm and do what you need to do!

Hope this helps!

Xx

Sound advice, I'm a newbie so learning. She just sent a message saying she'd only just got my message and her lift didn't turn up but surely she could have let me know this earlier!

I shall be taking your advice and if she requests to rebook will ask for 50% of treatment price as a deposit. It would have been a £35 appointment and I've had 2 other cancellations today due to illness so just feel frustrated, guess it won't be the last time!!

I do the same if I have a no-show..if they choose to rebook I take a deposit. If the person did show up, I have a 15 minute policy. Any later than that, they must rebook.

I allow 15mins

I'm the same as the other ladies. 10 - 15 mins then a phone call.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back