How long to give a business chance to work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albarn

Reaction score
hi, as the title says really how long would you say a salon needs to have a chance to work, i do beauty and the girl i work with is a hairdresser she is employed and i'm self employed we are in week 5 it was ok the first 3 weeks but the last 2 have been really quiet, thanks in advance

Can be up until a year to be packed out all the time. Depends on the salon to be honest and lots of other things.

Any actual normal business is normally 12-24months.

I have been going for 5 months now, of course it doesn't just magically happen, its hard, i have to constantly push promotions and advertising but isn't that the point of setting up something new ? don't get dis heartened, just keep on trying, give it 100% all the time and it will pay off. read the thread on here ( by lynne i think) about promoting your business
good luck

new businesses can take 2 years to break even and i would say that no one should start a business without 6 months money in the bank to keep them going. 5 weeks is VERY early days and to be honest if you were busy the first 3 then you are doing well! Its going to take hard graft for the next 6 months before you will start to see light at the end of the tunnel xx

I'm in a similar situation myself.but with a young baby I can't justify staying somewhere with a chance of losing money at the end of the day than even breaking even. I know it takes time but its very frustrating when the salon owner says yea we'll advertise then it all gets forgotten about.on the lookout for something new while I build up a private client base.then 1 day go into business with my best friend who does hair and beauty too.

Im sorry to here you are quite.

I must be lucky as i went self employed 3 months ago & some weeks i work 6 days :o Just hope it keeps up.

I've been open 2 years and only this next year (so my 3rd year) will I sees profit.

We've steadily got busier as each month passes. But we were really quite from nov when we opened to at least July even then we weren't that busy. Currently looking at about 50% of the salons opening we are working. I am looking forward to seeing what the summer brings us :)

This will be my 3rd year in August and I have got busier some days I'm back to back other days like today I am dead but so long as you keep the faith and are passionate about the shop you will make it work.
Looking back through my appointment book from when I first started to now there is a huge difference.
Good luck with everything chuck x x x

I am self employed in a salon on my own all mine hehe :)
Don't know about the other posters x x

Latest posts

Back