How many coats?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oni

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am qualified in manicure / pedicure and gel polish . In my training I got told 3 thin coats are the max coverage gel polish needed and when you are doing a red , French for your practical test yes 2 /3 coats are plenty . But now I am looking at other products such as IBD, Jessica geleration I am finding a least four or even five thin coats are needed with some colours specially corals , baby pinks .is this right ? I am starting to build up clients but when they choose a colour that needs more coats they say REALLY . I buy from authorised suppliers but it is really pastel colours that need the extra coverage is this ok X

You shouldn't be needing that many. It'll be more likely to lift. When you say thin how thin are you applying? Do you shake your bottles?

Give your colours a gentle stir with an orange wood stick to stir up the pigments and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes they can settle at the bottom of the bottle where they have been sitting for a while. x

It's only on baby pink colour IBD Juliet . X

No jessica geleration colour needs more than 3 coats.

Where are you purchasing it from?

Salon direct I buy all my gel polishes from . X is Jessica geleration the same with coverage .

Definitely not as many as 4 or 5.. I use Jessica GELeration and have never needed any more than 3 max and only with some colours x

Latest posts

Back