How many dressouts are chair renters entitled to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samanthadunn86

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hoping for some advice, or if anyone else has experienced this.

I've a newly opened salon and we have 4 dressouts. I'm a hair extension technician, so I only use one. My business partner has two as she's a stylist. The 4th we have rented out to another stylist. However she keeps booking two clients in for colour and using up a second dressout. How has anyone dealt with this previously? Is she entitled to the use of a second dressout? This is her first time as self employed so she's used to being in a salon and using as many as she likes.

Hi guys,

Hoping for some advice, or if anyone else has experienced this.

I've a newly opened salon and we have 4 dressouts. I'm a hair extension technician, so I only use one. My business partner has two as she's a stylist. The 4th we have rented out to another stylist. However she keeps booking two clients in for colour and using up a second dressout. How has anyone dealt with this previously? Is she entitled to the use of a second dressout? This is her first time as self employed so she's used to being in a salon and using as many as she likes.

I'd say one....other wise where will it end!!!
The problem is, as hairdressers, we often book between a colour to optimise our earnings.:)

With the 'rent a chair' system, I'd try to keep things as fair and clear as possible, or you just might find your renter 'spreading' over to your section if you've no one in.:eek:
This then becomes the norm.:oops:

Rent A chair. The clue is in the name. :)

Maybe discuss with them that if they are planning to continue to regularly use 2 chairs to pay an extra half a day rate if they wish to continue double booking clients as it will prevent you and your partner using the chair so could affect your potential earnings.

Do you have a waiting area? Simply ask the client who's colour is taking to take a seat while she uses A seat. As a self employed technician I want as many people in as I can to maximise my profits. And in 10 years have always had clients in between colours ect she probably doesn't realise she's doing anything wrong xxx

I agree with charlotte she should have her 1st client move to a waiting area.
Maybe it would be nice if you could find a spot in the salon for clients that are processing to sit. My old salon we had a colour bar with seating. After all it's to your Benefit also that she remain busy.

Are u charging day rent or percentage split? I have "rent a chair " and she sometimes have 3 chairs which means one thing too me "more cash" for me . I would discuss a percentage split rather than a day rate x

If your business partner has use of 2 why can't the renter too? As said above move client 1 to waiting area but if the spare seat is empty whats the problem?

Latest posts

Back