How many gel polish colours is your sweet spot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many gel polish colours do you carry?

• Total voters

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
So, do you have a set number of different gel polish colours that you stock for customers to choose from? Is it a hard set rule or does it vary depending on time of year or collections released? How many is the sweet spot for you?

I know a lot of salons will carry all the colours of the system they use, but I am but a humble sole trader and just get colours in that I feel my clients will love. I have quite an eclectic clientele aged from 19 to over 80 so it can be quite challenging choosing colours that won't end up sitting on the shelf. My method is if I can't think of 3 clients names who would wear it I don't buy it.
Currently I carry over 120 different colours and adding in glitters and Additives that makes for my most common client complaint being "there's too many colours to choose from".

I used to buy every colour CND came out with but now I'm more careful so I'll only buy the ones that I know my clients will love or that are different from ones I already have. I make up a lot of additional colours with layering, glitters etc so have over 200 for clients to choose from.

Karaxxx

I buy all of them! I used to think oh no-one will have that colour, in the open road collection like sage scarf, mint convertible. Then i was inundated with clients asking for those shades in particular. I then realized its more viable for me to have all of them, and any shelf sitters can be my rockstar ones! I also like the fact that any of my "competition" doesn't have such a variety or selection that i posses! Yay! :) xoxo

My method is if I can't think of 3 clients names who would wear it I don't buy it.
But the contrary so-and-so's change their minds!! :confused: LOL

I got navy blue because 2 of the asked for it, once I got it both said 'no, don't fancy it' - I smiled, just, through gritted teeth LOL ;)

But the contrary so-and-so's change their minds!! :confused: LOL

I got navy blue because 2 of the asked for it, once I got it both said 'no, don't fancy it' - I smiled, just, through gritted teeth LOL ;)

Don't I know it, but in the main my system works. Sometimes the colours I get thinking of my younger clients go down a storm with my octogenarians! I may not buy the full collections when launched but I do always buy a couple as everyone loves to see something new, and be the first to get it
I too have a blue gathering dust, but thankfully it is great under the very popular Tiffany Lecente glitter.

Well my Shellac wall rack is full and I have a few others on a shelf, so I daren't get any more at the moment lol Clients generally complain there's too much choice and can't make their minds up and that's without including glitter and additive options!

I have about 60 which I don't even think is many but I have a few that I haven't even opened and I have a slight panic every year when I see a few approaching their BB date and I try and suggest them to people, if a colour isn't popular though I just replace it with something else either when it runs out or goes off so I always have around the same amount of colours x

I have this affliction where I have to purchase every colour that my chosen brand (cnd) releases :o

I can't help it, it irks me if I don't have a complete collection.

Latest posts

Back