How many micro ring bonds for double drawn hair? New extensionist needs advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsieHair

Reaction score
Hi Girls & Guys,

Ive ventured into the whole Hair Extension world..so im excited but scared too so be gentle hahaha. I completed a Micro Ring Extension training and was advised to to use 75-100 bonds for Half head (for volume & thickness) and roughly 150-200 for Full Head however i have done two models hair full heads and i am left with a pack of hair at the end. I am pleased with the finished result & so were the models but im not sure if i'm doing anything wrong. Im using Routes Double Drawn hair so i was wondering it might be because its thicker hair perhaps? Anyways.... id just like to know roughly how many bonds do you use???
Ta V.Much XxX

Hi I don't think your doing anything wrong love I always have some left over. The longer you do it the more you can guestimate accurately xx

How many u use beaut will depend on the thickness of the client natural hair x

Ah its one of those questions that depends on clients hair and also the hair you use. For example, on someone with what i consider medium hair, i can get away with 85g-90g of hair for proper thickness.

Yeah i think the thicker the clients natural hair the more bonds they will need, medium type hair roughly need 150? but my two models have had 125 bonds in & it looked perfect. suppose practice just makes perfect and as i get more practice i can estimate the exact amount they are going to need. :) xx

Your best to have extra hair just in case. Average I use 150 strands usually less! I apply a fresh row on some maintenance's so it's good to have some left over. My supplier is sjk there hair is nice and thick

I use around 140 to 160 0.9g strand for a full head

Latest posts

Back