How much do you charge for rockstar nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
How much do you charge for Gelish rockstar nails? Just practised for the first time doing them today and really love them so now need to have a price ready. I am mobile and currently charge £18 for colour or £22 for french. Based on those prices how much do you think I should charge for (1) just one rockstar nail, (2) for two rockstar nails and (3) for a full set of rockstar nails?

Also, in your experience, do you find they last as long as normal gelish applications?

Thanks very much, look forward to your responses :wink2:

I charge the same for French and Rockstar but really Rockstar is quicker than normal colour and I don't do many so if someone asked for Rockstar I'd probably only charge £20 and they would feel they were getting a bargain!

I charge the same for French and Rockstar but really Rockstar is quicker than normal colour and I don't do many so if someone asked for Rockstar I'd probably only charge £20 and they would feel they were getting a bargain!

Thanks Cloughers. Did you see my other thread though as I am now confused as to if rockstar is full glitter or just colour with glitter sprinkled on top? Need to get my pricings right! Thanks.

Hi,

Just bringing this thread up again, as I would also like to know how much to charge for full set of Rockstar?

I'm currently writing my price list for shellac, I'm mobile. This is what I have so far...

Shellac £22
French shellac £25
Rockstar £30 (am now thinking this is too much? Maybe £26?)
Single nail rockstar £1.00

Have researched some salons in my area and most charge £25+ for just colour shellac.

Thanks
Grace xx

I charge £20 for colour, £22 for French and £25 for Rockstar. When I do Rockstar I do 2 coats of a colour underneath so that any patchy bits aren't noticeable and then use 2 coats of topcoat. So am charging the extra £5 for time, the glitter and the extra layer of top coat. I charge 50p per nail for nail art (and rockstar).

Thanks for your reply, think I'll change my prices a bit! So confusing lol x

My Rockstar are £28. £1 per nail.

I charge an extra £2 for rockstars . . . . takes hardly any time and product, so I can't justify more really..... i'll never be rich :(

I charge £25 for colour or French and £30 for rockstar- I work on the basis of 50p per nail nail art :)

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

I charge £20 for standard Shellac and £24 for full Rockstar.

I only use 1 coat of polish and they take less time - I always push for a set of Rockstar as they look fab and make more money ;)

When I do Rockstar I do 2 coats of a colour underneath so that any patchy bits aren't noticeable and then use 2 coats of topcoat.
Apart from with white, I've never had to use 2 coats of colour - how are you doing your Rockstars? Do you scrub the glitter in - that seems a massive product & time waste.

Also, I don't seem to find that the glitter is too rough with just topcoat, but if you do, a good tip is using one of the Shellac glitter polishes over the top of your rockstar - it will cut down the time of soaking off and save on getting your top coat glittery :)

you have to charge more for rockstar to pay for the glitter, the extra top coat you may use and the mess you have to clear up!! (although with practise the mess gets less)

I charge and extra £5 for rockstar so for shellac its £25 and for bio sculpture its £30

My application is:
Clear cure
Colour x 1 cure
apply glitter and scrub into nail (my brush for glitter is quite hard)
top coat and cure
I then remove tacky layer and if it feels rough i apply another top coat (with bio i apply 2 x top coat anyway over glitter as lasts better)

you have to charge more for rockstar to pay for the glitter, the extra top coat you may use and the mess you have to clear up!! (although with practise the mess gets less)
Glitter costs waaaay less than a coat of Shellac so for me, there really isn't any need to charge more as time wise it is quicker and also saving on Shellac - the only reason I do charge more is because it's fancier to look at, people are willing to pay it, so why not! :)

Just add a tissue or a 'glitter paper' under their hands as you glitter - it can then be easily cleared away and even pour some of your wasted glitter back in the pot but dependant on your method wastage should be minimal x

Thanks all.

OK, I think I'm going to change my pricing to....

Colour £20
French £23
Rockstar £25

I would like to have charged £25 but people in my area on these selling sites you get on fb are doing shellac for £10 (I was looking last night)!! So I think if I start at £20 it's fair and can increase my prices maybe in a year or so. Xxxxx

Glitter costs waaaay less than a coat of Shellac so for me, there really isn't any need to charge more as time wise it is quicker and also saving on Shellac - the only reason I do charge more is because it's fancier to look at, people are willing to pay it, so why not! :)

Just add a tissue or a 'glitter paper' under their hands as you glitter - it can then be easily cleared away and even pour some of your wasted glitter back in the pot but dependant on your method wastage should be minimal x

Glitter may cost way less but you still have to stock a selection of colours etc and it does still take extra mins, not many i grant you but time is money and its not something clients would do at home. we have to charge extra for every little thing as we are here to make money as well as loving what we do. After all we all have bills to pay and make sure that we cover our costs. thats all i was saying. Too many techs seem to do little extras on clients nails for nothing and dont realise that all these little bits soon add up

i do put tissue under hun, but sometimes when you do toes it can get messier is what i meant x

Thanks all.

OK, I think I'm going to change my pricing to....

Colour £20
French £23
Rockstar £25

I would like to have charged £25 but people in my area on these selling sites you get on fb are doing shellac for £10 (I was looking last night)!! So I think if I start at £20 it's fair and can increase my prices maybe in a year or so. Xxxxx

sounds good hun. Dont worry about what others are charging. Respect yourself and your work and charge accordingly. You dont know if these others you spoke of are giving the correct treatment with legitimate products and you dont know if they are qualified and have the knowledge that you do. People pay not only for the treatment but for the whole experience xxx

Im doing my nails and toes tonight cant wait!!!! Just have to decide which colour! xxxx

£24 for colour 2-3weeks
£27 for French 3-4weeks
£30 for Rockstar 3-4weeks
For one nail Rockstar £1 each.

I work from a salon with a lot of competition in the area and no one seems to complain about prices being too much.

I also include removal in the price.

sounds good hun. Dont worry about what others are charging. Respect yourself and your work and charge accordingly. You dont know if these others you spoke of are giving the correct treatment with legitimate products and you dont know if they are qualified and have the knowledge that you do. People pay not only for the treatment but for the whole experience xxx

Yes thank you Souz xxx

That will be my pricing then, was just worried about not getting clients but don't want to charge too cheap and undervalue myself and I do want to make a decent profit!

Xxx

Yes thank you Souz xxx

That will be my pricing then, was just worried about not getting clients but don't want to charge too cheap and undervalue myself and I do want to make a decent profit!

Xxx

exactly, you need to make a profit and just think you wont need to do as many clients in a day as these other places to achieve the same daily takings xx

Latest posts

Back