How much do you charge for rockstar nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glitter may cost way less but you still have to stock a selection of colours etc and it does still take extra mins, not many i grant you but time is money and its not something clients would do at home. we have to charge extra for every little thing as we are here to make money as well as loving what we do. After all we all have bills to pay and make sure that we cover our costs. thats all i was saying. Too many techs seem to do little extras on clients nails for nothing and dont realise that all these little bits soon add up

Well said Souz, I for one am very guilty of not charging for little extras, and I have had a big word with myself recently and am now getting tough! It's hard thou when you've always done it, so my advise is start as you mean to go on!

I'm confused as to those that have said you use less shellac when doing rockstars - do you just do one layer of glitter? I've found it doesn't give enough coverage, so do one colour layer cure, scrub glitter in, clearly pink/mother of pearl cure, then another layer of glitter scrubbed in, then clearly pink/mother of pearl then top coat! so I charge an extra £5 xxxx

Glitter may cost way less but you still have to stock a selection of colours etc and it does still take extra mins.
Yeah, I'd not thought about a selection of colours but for me, time wise, it takes less time. :) I do charge extra anyway, was just pointing out that it doesn't take me more product more than anything but no worries, we're all different xx

I'm confused as to those that have said you use less shellac when doing rockstars - do you just do one layer of glitter? I've found it doesn't give enough coverage, so do one colour layer cure, scrub glitter in, clearly pink/mother of pearl cure, then another layer of glitter scrubbed in, then clearly pink/mother of pearl then top coat! so I charge an extra £5 xxxx
I do one coat of colour then glitter, then topcoat - this gives more than enough coverage - not sure why it wouldn't for you? In what way is it needing more, patchiness, see through?:confused:

I do one colour coat matching colour of glitter cure, sprinkle glitter on and use a dry gel brush to take excess off. One MOP and top coat x

I've always found one layer of glitter doesn't give enough coverage, even with similar colour underneath! Now my clients are used to it so would probs see the difference. I will try it out tho xxxx

I've always found one layer of glitter doesn't give enough coverage, even with similar colour underneath! Now my clients are used to it so would probs see the difference. I will try it out tho xxxx

what glitter do you use?

I use the irresistible glitters from s2, the holographic ones! And I burnish rather than sprinkle xxxx

iv never used those ones. i use martha stewart. trying sprinkling and see how you get on. heres a couple photos x

Attachments

• 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 189
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 172
£20 for a colour, £22 for rockstar or foils and £23 for French.

I work from a log cabin in my garden x

iv never used those ones. i use martha stewart. trying sprinkling and see how you get on. heres a couple photos x

Thanks xxx, I will defo try the sprinkling method - I also use Martha Stewart but not as much as prefer the holo ones I've got which are irresistible. Yours look fab, can't believe that's one layer of glitter! Thanks for sharing :) xxxx

These are also one coat of colour with silver holographic from S2 and black holographic on the tip faded into each other - then finished with top coat.

I scrub into the tacky layer with a brush :) It really should be enough coverage.x

20121221_114435-1.jpg

These are also one coat of colour with silver holographic from S2 and black holographic on the tip faded into each other - then finished with top coat.

I scrub into the tacky layer with a brush :) It really should be enough coverage.x

20121221_114435-1.jpg

Look amazing :) xx

Latest posts

Back