How much more stuff will I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkiepromises

Reaction score
Hey geeks! I'm doing my spray tan course with sienna in June, I was wondering about their kits? I have been looking into the guns and I've decided on the ts50. I can get a better price on this elsewhere, I was wondering if it would just be worth buying a full kit from them or nouvatan or is it better to buy separately? I'm not sure what else I will need? Obviously I know I need solutions. Money is very tight and I'm not set up to start straight away, what would you do?

I would def shop around and get the best price, try LA TANNING & SUNTANA, I would say you need machine,tent,disposable caps,barrier cream (shop own brand will do, it is just for hands)wet wipes (clean palms afterwards)towels (to place inside tent) and of course solution. If you can afford it i would highly recommend an extractor.

Hello:)

I was thinking the same when I trained with SiennaX too and ordered a Spray tan machine and kit from SiennaX directly ... I love the products and my SiennaX branded spray tent and the products BUT I am disappointed with the machine. It works fine but its just a standard HLVP machine with siennaX stickers on (which keep falling off!)
I now work from home salon so having an extremely professional image is very important but I got its taken me a long time to get my money back. If I did it again I would by SiennaX tanning solution and branded spray tan tent through sienna but I would by an HLVP machine and sticky feet, barrier cream etc from shopping around on eBay and amazon to save money..

Thank you!! That just what I mean. I can get the ts50 + tent from tan a tent for under £200 then I just need the extras. That's my mind made up! Does it cost much for barrier creams and I see other people using alternatives to sticky feet..

Defo go for the TS50, that's what I have and it's great! I just use cheap vaseline which is a pound for the big tub, cheap pack of baby wipes which you can get for under a pound. I use couch roll for standing on if it's only once person, however if I have a tan party or doing a tans in my wee beauty room I put down a towel and let them stand on that :) then you can just throw it in the machine. It won't cost you much. Good luck xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks guys! So exited to do the training now! 😃

Hi,
I bought my machine and tent through brown Bitz they were great and made up a package to suit what I wanted.
I got the ts50 and love it!

For tans you need.....
* machine
*tent
* barrier cream
All above I got from Brown Bitz with next day delivery. They even gave me some free tan to try.

I personally love la tan solution and never had a problem with it. It's cheap to buy. I get the 250ml bottles so I can carry all the shades with me.

Then..... I use a small suitcase to carry my solutions, sticky feet, caps, disposable pants, gloves, client record cards and a towel.

When you speak with clients on the phone if your going mobile check plug positions you may also need an extension lead to carry with you.

I also take floor wipes with me to wipe down my tent behind I leave and also if you spill any (hopefully you won't) :)

But definitely try brown Bitz they are great!

X

Hi,
I bought my machine and tent through brown Bitz they were great and made up a package to suit what I wanted.
I got the ts50 and love it!

For tans you need.....
* machine
*tent
* barrier cream
All above I got from Brown Bitz with next day delivery. They even gave me some free tan to try.

I personally love la tan solution and never had a problem with it. It's cheap to buy. I get the 250ml bottles so I can carry all the shades with me.

Then..... I use a small suitcase to carry my solutions, sticky feet, caps, disposable pants, gloves, client record cards and a towel.

When you speak with clients on the phone if your going mobile check plug positions you may also need an extension lead to carry with you.

I also take floor wipes with me to wipe down my tent behind I leave and also if you spill any (hopefully you won't) :)

But definitely try brown Bitz they are great!

X

Can I ask where you get your LA tan 250ml bottles from? I can't see them on the website, and I'm fed up of carrying 1litre bottles around with me!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask where you get your LA tan 250ml bottles from? I can't see them on the website, and I'm fed up of carrying 1litre bottles around with me!

The 250ml bottles are on the website , are you registered with them ?

Yes I'm registered! When I go to solutions its only bringing up the bogof 1 litre bottles which I usually purchase! Am I being really blind...or thick...or both?!?

Hi i got the starter kit from LA tanning it cost me about £160 for every think you need to start off.

Yes I'm registered! When I go to solutions its only bringing up the bogof 1 litre bottles which I usually purchase! Am I being really blind...or thick...or both?!?

Mmm not sure why there not there? I can see all sizes of solutions when I go onto it ? Bizarre x

Hi i got the starter kit from LA tanning it cost me about £160 for every think you need to start off.

I've just ordered this too ! Can't wait to get it 😁

I was on the LA tanning direct website, gone onto the international site & found them! I didn't realize they had 2 websites!

I was looking into LA tan, are they any good? I was thinking about nouvatan but I'm not sure of the differences yet?

What sort of quality is the tent? I've been told that some tents can be poor quality?

I tried 6 different samples and then decided on la. I've never had a problem
With it.
But everyone's tanning techniques are different and I guess it's down to client feedback also.
I give out pre and post tan instructions so I know my clients are well prepped pre tan.
Call them up and ask for a sample.
X

Would companies send me out a sample before I'm qualified? I'm having my training 4th June.

Latest posts

Back