How much saved up before taking the plunge!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RB1

Reaction score
Hey lovelies, I just wondered how much money you would suggest having saved up before leaving or cutting down work hours to focus more on being able to build up your business. I work in retail and find it so difficult trying to build a business and cope with the crazy hours retail has.

If you leave completely then I would suggest you have a year's money saved to live off while you build your client base.
You will need a lump sum to buy all your start up products, furniture , equipment too.
With a retail background you will be confident at marketing yourself - great!

Doing both part time might be financial a safer bet unless you have a supportive partner/family.
Good luck!

If you leave completely then I would suggest you have a year's money saved to live off while you build your client base.
You will need a lump sum to buy all your start up products, furniture , equipment too.
With a retail background you will be confident at marketing yourself - great!

Doing both part time might be financial a safer bet unless you have a supportive partner/family.
Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I have enough money saved up to support me for around 10-11months... I also already have all my equipment :)

The job i am currently in (in retail) is awful... I feel like I'm stuck between staying at that job and having a guaranteed income - but feeling anxious and stressed all the time due to the working environment... Or completly leaving using the money I have saved up and trying to make a go of focusing on my own business...

Thanks for your response

X

I was in that situation too. I had saved up knowing that I would go back to working at home but not sure when. Then that 'final straw' moment came, I resigned, took holiday owing and within a month I was open for business!
Never regretted my decision. It just gets to the point when you know it's time to go...

Latest posts

Back