How much should it cost??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbee

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Just looking for some opinions on how much should be charged for a pamper evening for adults. Intend giving clients the option of 2 treatments initially - maximum time allowance 30-40 minutes. Thought about offering, file & Polish to fingers or toes, Waxing, Eyebrow shaping, spray tanning, maybe mini facial, mini mani or mini pedi.

What do you think of list of treatments and what do you think a reasonable cost would be to ask for each client? There will be 2 therapists.

Thanks

Hi Geeks,

Just looking for some opinions on how much should be charged for a pamper evening for adults. Intend giving clients the option of 2 treatments initially - maximum time allowance 30-40 minutes. Thought about offering, file & Polish to fingers or toes, Waxing, Eyebrow shaping, spray tanning, maybe mini facial, mini mani or mini pedi.

What do you think of list of treatments and what do you think a reasonable cost would be to ask for each client? There will be 2 therapists.

Thanks

Hi

Your list of treaments sounds fine, however I would couple them up as package deals ie mini mani/mini pedi or mini facial/eyebrow shape - that sort of thing. Charge at least £15.00 per treatment, so 2 treatments for £30.00.

Remember to take minis of everything you use to retail on the night, perhaps have a free raffle and give something as the prize (hand lotion or similar). HTH

It all depends. Are you charging an hourly rate or individual prices per treatment? I go out and do treatments for a company and do 10 x 30min treatments and charge £30 per hour. If its about being pampered then I would stick with mini/30 min facials, pedicures and manicures, may be add in back neck n shoulder massages as this can be done in 30 min. Are you working from your salon or in someones home as this makes a difference I think as spray tans and waxing could be messy and not very relaxing. If you working from someones home then you don,t have to provide the refreshments but you do need set up time and clear away time.

I take on board that waxing and spray tanning could be messy. Also I hadn't thought about taking along mini products to retail on the night or a product for a raffle, thanks for suggestions.

I was thinking of listing treatments along with the time they last for and charging £20 per 30 minutes therefore the clients can mix and match - is this a good idea?

Thanks

Have you thought about the total time you will be able to spend doing treatments?

In my area the pamper evenings are usually only over a 3-4 hour period so doing 30 minute treatments you can't fit many in. Very disappointing for all the other potential customers who turn up expecting to be pampered.

I usually only offer 15 minute slots for taster treatments such as file & polish and hand & arm massage. While doing the treatment I talk about how much better the full treatment is and what is involved so they want to experience it for themselves. I keep a timesheet on my desk which people can put their name against so they don't have to hang around waiting and hand out leaflets and price lists to everyone in sight.

For me it's less about what you make on the night as what you can get coming back later on. Always offer a free treatment certificate to the organisers for their raffle (use a treatment that will encourage repeat business).

Hope this gives you a little more to ponder on.

Cheers,
Hazel

Hi Hazel,

30 minutes of treatment time would be too long if it was me on my own - but I will have another therapist working alongside me - so thought 30 minutes was a good time. I think that 15 minute taster sessions is also a good idea as it would get the potential client interested in booking a full treatment.

Thanks for the advice

Yes, it is definately easier with 2 therapists. Peoples expectations alter from area to area. For my area I found that people are just curious or wanting to browse a bit, not really up for full treatments so it works better for me to talk to as many potential clients as possible and then take bookings for them to come to my salon for full treatments. Other areas people come expecting to get a full treatment and never intend to actually go to a salon. Have you done any other promotional events? The first few can be really nerve wracking until you find out what works best for you.

Good Luck,
Hazel

I think it depends on whether you mean doing a pamper party at someone's house or a ladies pamper evening, usually held in a school or church hall.

For individual pamper parties at a house:
Choose 2 treatments from the following list:

Head Massage
Mini Facial
Hand & Arm Massage
Paraffin Wax Hand or Foot Treatment
Mini Manicure
Mini Pedicure
Foot & Leg Massage
Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage

Set price of just £30 per person for 2 treatments

For ladies pamper evenings in our area, it's £5 per 15min slot, could do with it being at least £7.50 tbh.

Latest posts

Back