How much to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura1993

Reaction score
Hey I'm doing my spray tan course with seinna x on Friday and I brought the kit £xxx today for the first month I want to do them cheaper just to get confident but how much cheaper? I'm going to charge £20 mobile & in my beauty room in the salon?

Any helpful advice/comments welcome!
xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd just just a few pound cheaper. So when you raise them it's not too drastic. I charge £20 in my salon and have always charged that price since qualifying. I'd say £15 at the very min but jumping up £5 might be abit much. Maybe £16-17? Or change £20 and do deals on certain days or for larger groups?

As said above maybe just slightly less so its not a huge increase, maybe advertise 15% off with a time frame. Xx

But I want to show people there is a difference between me practicing and me confident :) I think £15 xx

I do see your point, its just harder to increase your prices in the long run. Personally Id just do friends & family as practise & then when you are confident advertise at full price to the public. Xx

Thanks :) how many does it usually take to get confident ?!
I have done spray tans before but with a different gun/product so I'm hoping I pick it up easily!
x

But I want to show people there is a difference between me practicing and me confident :) I think £15 xx

But do you want your clients to know that your making them pay even if it's £15 for you to practice on them? If I'm honest I wouldn't get a treatment done just because it was cheaper if I knew the therapist was still practicing and I know my clients wouldn't either, especially when a lot of clients especially new ones are worried about turning orange or patchy as it is x

To be honest everyone has to practice and everyone KNOWS people have to practice. All my clients know that I'm doing the course and they know I will be charging less to gain experience. If you read what I firstly wrote to would see that I have already trained in spray naming I will be just getting used to a new gun

People will be doing it to help me and give feedback not to get a beautiful tan at first

If your just getting a new gun do 2-3 people (friends & family) & you should have no problems, I use a different gun in the salon to what I do mobile, you'll be fine.

I started from scratch after my training the salon had me do the recommended 10 practise tans (friends & family) before I was let loose on the clients :) xx

If your already trained and it's only to test out your gun you should only need to do a couple. I wouldn't bother doing a lower price just to test a new gun. When I replaced mine I just tested the settings on a piece of couch roll so I knew too much wouldn't come out at once. Just don't want you to under charge and lose out on money if you already know what your doing x

Latest posts

Back